Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screws too short for wood grips

Default Screws too short for wood grips

I picked up my MK 40 today and when I brought it home and attempted to change the stock black plastic grips with the wood grips I purchased from Kahr, The screws were too short. Any suggestions on where I could get the proper length screws without making any modifications to the wood grips?

They are the same thread as a 1911. Get some standard length 1911 screws and you might have to shorten them a bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

ace hardware?

These are the original Kahr grip screws for use with the wood grips on a MK series.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kah...ews-040K9S.asp

If you look on the Kahr website listing for the wood grips for the MK series, it has this info highlighted in red.....

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. After I posted last night I started thinking how can you sell the grips without the proper screws. It’s not like I bought an aftermarket wood grip, it’s their own grip. So I called Kahr this morning and they said they are sending the proper screws out to me. Hopefully they will be the right ones. I’ll post again when I get them.

Me, too. Fit great, and look really sharp. I bought some regular ones for my wooden grips, and short screws for the Lakeline G10 grips.

Update! Kahr came through! I called them on December 6, and the screws for the wood handgrip came today dated December 6 meaning they sent it out the same day. So thank you Kahr for getting them out to me at no charge. They fit perfectly and now my MK 40 now has the wood grips on it.

Good job, Kahr.

Bet it looks real purrty now, huh?

It looks awesome!