Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Is my K9 CArbon or stainless?

Default Is my K9 CArbon or stainless?

I just purchased a Kahr K9 sn; AE375x, Does anyone know if it has a stainless steel or carbon frame. Thanks in advance for any help!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by rr1958 View Post
    I just purchased a Kahr K9 sn; AE375x, Does anyone know if it has a stainless steel or carbon frame. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Welcome to the forums
    In regards to your K9, a photo (I'm sure folks would like to see it) or at least a description of it's appearance would help with a definitive answer.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe that an "AE" prefix gun could certainly be carbon steel.
    So if yours has a black finish and a flat sided frame like the K9 below (newer frames have a serpentine cut around the slide stop), I'd say there is a good chance it's carbon steel:

....of course you could always try some cold blue on a wear spot to verify that.

FWIW, if yours doesn't have a black finish, but has the flat sided receiver, some carbon steel K9 pistols came nickel plated.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Welcome to the forums
    In regards to your K9, a photo (I'm sure folks would like to see it) or at least a description of it's appearance would help with a definitive answer.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe that an "AE" prefix gun could certainly be carbon steel.
    So if yours has a black finish and a flat sided frame like the K9 below (newer frames have a serpentine cut around the slide stop), I'd say there is a good chance it's carbon steel:

....of course you could always try some cold blue on a wear spot to verify that.

FWIW, if yours doesn't have a black finish, but has the flat sided receiver, some carbon steel K9 pistols came nickel plated.

Regards,
    Greg
    Yea, it looked like that one at one time. Someone however, sanded off the finish and right now she is oiled and naked in my safe until I can have another coating put on to protect her.