Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLC G10 grip pictures

Default LLC G10 grip pictures

Hi guys.

Pulling my hair out here. I dont want the rubber grips from hogue as it is my experiance that rubber and deep concealment is no good as the over garment tents to 'hook' on the grips. I also do not like wood at all on my pistols. Much prefer synthetic.

What id like is a synthetic hard impact plastic, G10 or similar. The LLC grips seem to be the only ones out there. But i am not sure of it is the standard pictures that make the rear bottom portion of the grip look like it comes way more out then the stock rubber, as well as being fatter?

Id like preferably the stock grip form in a hard g10 or similar. Does anyone on here have a K9 with these grips that could take pics for me to see. Or comment. I dont want to add width to the gun or bulk by adding fatter or bigger grips.
    I am fond of the dimensions of the stock grips. Just that damn rubber. Please help guys...

I have a thought. look up UHMW on eBay. it can be machined with wood working tools. You can get it in black and have someone who does woodworking make you a pair of grips.
    You can beat this stuff with a sledge hammer and at most scuff it. it will do well with garments. if you need more grip have it checkered. I know one of the guys here do this type of work. http://www.kahrtalk.com/member.php?585-Bawanna you might ask Bawanna if you can look over his album. or if he has ever worked with UHMW.

Good hunting

Thank you kindly. I have sent him a PM

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Thank you kindly. I have sent him a PM
    You might also want to PM Alfonse (Lakeline LLC). He can probably answer any questions you have in regards to the G10 grips.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I never heard of UHMW myself. I responded and also recommended Alfonse.

I'll have to check out UHMW and see what it is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi guys.

Alfonse was ever so helpful to show me the dimensions of the g10 lakeline grips. I bought a pair and one of his k9 S/S guide rods for my K9. Am so excited to get them in and admire them in my Stainless K9

Would love to see a follow up pic of those G-10,s, even if it was 6 months ago

Uhmw is pretty slippery, commonly used as glides/slides in machinery applications. Tough as hell, but not at all what you want for gun grips IMO. Also like to see g10 grips on a gun if anyone uses them, even if it was a year ago lol

Does anyone know if the Lakeline grips are fatter than the stock rubber grips? Are they similar in width to the wood grips? Seems like the OP asked a similar question but never answered it for others after contacting Lakeline. For the record, I have had good experience with Lakeline's magazine follower, grip extension, and base plates for my CM9.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Lakeline grips are fatter than the stock rubber grips? Are they similar in width to the wood grips? Seems like the OP asked a similar question but never answered it for others after contacting Lakeline. For the record, I have had good experience with Lakeline's magazine follower, grip extension, and base plates for my CM9.
    OK. So I have both a K9 and MK9 with Lakeline grips. On the K9, The stock grip screw fit fine on the bottom hole, so I would say same width there. On the higher hole, the screw protruded too far into the magwell, preventing mag insertion/ejection. So, I bough thin grip 1911 screws. These worked perfect on the MK with the Lakeline grips, but not so much on the K. In the first pic I’ll post, you’ll see that those little screws worked perfect on the stock, rubber grips. Now, when I put on the Lakeline’s, the top screw fits fine, and does not protrude into the magwell, but the bottom screw was too short to make it into the threads of the frame. So...I must buy a standard sized, matching 1911 screw set and cut a little off to make it work in that bottom hole. I’ve been fiddling with my K9 for quite some time, and am most of the way there. I just have to do those screws, and finish pushing in the new rear sight as it is only hallway on (got distracted maybe 6 months ago by a friend offering an all expense paid trip to the local watering hole). Hope my babbling helps! : )