CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LLC G10 grip pictures

One can put a rubber washer on a screw that is just a bit long, usually even if it protrudes out a bit it doesn't bother the grip.
    A person can also take a dremel straight router bit and cut the head part of the hole down just a bit to make a screw that's too short long enough.

I'm not sure how much material Alfonse leaves under the screw head so this may or may not work.
    With the G10 it's plenty strong enough it doesn't need to be too thick.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    One can put a rubber washer on a screw that is just a bit long, usually even if it protrudes out a bit it doesn't bother the grip.
    A person can also take a dremel straight router bit and cut the head part of the hole down just a bit to make a screw that's too short long enough.

I'm not sure how much material Alfonse leaves under the screw head so this may or may not work.
    With the G10 it's plenty strong enough it doesn't need to be too thick.
    One must first get off his lazy rear end to apply one of said solutions! (Imagine inserted laughing emoji)
    I like your dremel solution the best though. That would save me from buying more screws, having to cut them, or putting o rings which might make them stand out from the grips a bit more than appreciated. I need to see how much material there is under there. First, I need to get a round tuit. Know where I can find one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    OK. So I have both a K9 and MK9 with Lakeline grips. On the K9, The stock grip screw fit fine on the bottom hole, so I would say same width there. On the higher hole, the screw protruded too far into the magwell, preventing mag insertion/ejection. So, I bough thin grip 1911 screws. These worked perfect on the MK with the Lakeline grips, but not so much on the K. In the first pic I’ll post, you’ll see that those little screws worked perfect on the stock, rubber grips. Now, when I put on the Lakeline’s, the top screw fits fine, and does not protrude into the magwell, but the bottom screw was too short to make it into the threads of the frame. So...I must buy a standard sized, matching 1911 screw set and cut a little off to make it work in that bottom hole. I’ve been fiddling with my K9 for quite some time, and am most of the way there. I just have to do those screws, and finish pushing in the new rear sight as it is only hallway on (got distracted maybe 6 months ago by a friend offering an all expense paid trip to the local watering hole). Hope my babbling helps! : )

Where you get the metal grip ext on the k9.

It's off an AMT Backup, which is another project I'm procrastinating on. I sat it there to see who would notice. You are #2 I believe.

Thanks for the pics! I think the wood grip screws are a hair longer than the rubber grip screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Thanks for the pics!.
    Certainly!