Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW380 Range Report

I wonder if I should call in and let them know how my range session went. I really want to be confident in carrying this thing. What do you guys think?

I was going to call Kahr today but realized this isn’t the ideal time. I am heading out of the country next week for a week and didn’t want them to work on it and ship it back while I was gone. I will call them when I return, around the end of December and see what they say.

Actually might be an ideal time. You most assuredly won't get it back in a week especially this time of year.

While your out of country you won't be missing the little thing. It can be working it's way through the system and hopefully be back end of December or early January instead of just leaving.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Actually might be an ideal time. You most assuredly won't get it back in a week especially this time of year.

While your out of country you won't be missing the little thing. It can be working it's way through the system and hopefully be back end of December or early January instead of just leaving.
    Good point! I will call them tomorrow.

I have two Taurus PT-111s that need to go back to the mother ship (I haven't been having much luck with firearms lately). I'm more worried about the packages getting lost/stolen at this time of year than I am about when I'll get them back.

Well I have call in to Kahr but they let me go to voicemail. Hopefully I’ll hear back today. I also noticed a few other issues with the CW380 that I want addressed also. The barrel and slide at 10 o’clock have a corresponding nick in the metal that certainly did not come from me and also where the top of the barrel meets the slide on the ejector side the metals is deformed and looks quite bad.

Well I was finally able to get ahold of someone who was very helpful and very understanding. The gun will be heading back to the mothership as soon as I get a free moment. You guys were right, they are definitely not quick to offer up a shipping label but after asking they took care of it. They said they are running around 5-6 weeks for repairs so we will wait and see what happens.

Default Not bull IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    The problems and known fixes have been out for awhile now. Kahr needs to address them. The CW380 would be the most kick-ass pocket .380 out there if only 95% of them worked flawlessly out of the box. Instead it seems more like 50/50. This "shoot 200 rounds through it and most of the problems will go away" excuse is bullcrap. That's like a car dealer saying you need to drive your brand-new car at least 10,000 miles before it will stop stalling at intersections.
    I have not posted for a while. In my previous post I had talked about how reliable my CW380 has done so well. Yes, the Gun has tight tolerances. I knew that this upfront and considered it a trade off. It signified good quality. And I accepted the fact that it would need a break in. I did not go the course of shooting 200 rounds. I simply let the springs "Set" for a few days, along with the Mag springs and would just rack the gun over and over while watching TV. No big deal.
    Later I did run into a problem, I had put some crap oil on the gun and it gummed it up. (I aways go back to Ballistol, do not know why I sometimes fall for other lubes). The striker would jam. So after taking the gun down, I cleaned it all out and re-oiled it with Ballistol and now back in action. The gun is running flawless. Had a good time Yesterday at the range. Low 20's made even the mild mannered Kahr, sting a little on recoil. Hands were frozen.

I have 300 plus rounds through mine, and it’s still not 100% reliable yet, but it seems to get better each range trip...I paid 220 new for mine at grab a gun so I just figured I got what I paid for.

i solved all my failures to lock open on empty mag with the mag guts kit, but I have been experiencing failure to go into battery and the occasional ftf.

i will admit, I sometimes get a lock back in the middle of a full mag from time to time and I believe that is on me as my support hand is riding really close to the slide release.

from now on, I plan to run this gun one handed as it would probably be used in a sd situation. I will check back after next range trip.

Default CW380 Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    The striker would jam. So after taking the gun down, I cleaned it all out and re-oiled it with Ballistol and now back in action.

I wouldn't oil the striker or channel. I'm not sure about Kahr but I know Glock doesn't recommend it. I generally find oil on the striker due to ingress so it will find its way in there. I also use the thicker Slip2000 EWL30.