Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware all Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I was born a 100 years too late. I never had a problem thumbing a hammer. If a revolver has a hammer I'll thumb it most every time.
    Yeah, I rarely shoot any of my DA wheelguns with the DA. Almost always shoot them SA.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thumbs up My love affair with Ruger DA continues

Somehow I got it in my head that I “needed” a 3inch GP100 to go with my 4inch. And it had to be the long-ago-discontinued partial lug version. Like the other one. Even though the lug is only about a quarter inch shorter. But it had to be. I even put a WTB ad in Armslist. The LGSes told me I was nuts...that I’d never find one...and I should just buy their new full lug model. Then I went to the nearby gun show and lo and behold...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Happy ending, glad you stuck to your guns, tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

Look really good together. Make a plan and stick to it. I gotta start doing that someday myself.

Now we need matching grip inserts?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ... Make a plan and stick to it. I gotta start doing that someday myself...?
    Yeah. That rarely works for me either. But I guess I’m gettin’ more stubborn in my old age.
    ​O|||||||O

Hey Colonel. I ordered a Mernickle holster for the three inch. I can’t wait ‘til it arrives. You got any pull with Bob? 6 weeks is a long time to stand next to the mailbox...
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Hey Colonel. I ordered a Mernickle holster for the three inch. I can’t wait ‘til it arrives. You got any pull with Bob? 6 weeks is a long time to stand next to the mailbox...
    Bob is a great guy. Usually that 6 weeks is a worst case scenario. Usually you'll have it in about half that time. I know that's how it worked for my 3.

If in fact it really is 6 weeks, console yourself with the fact that it's worth the wait.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Somehow I got it in my head that I “needed” a 3inch GP100 to go with my 4inch. And it had to be the long-ago-discontinued partial lug version. Like the other one. Even though the lug is only about a quarter inch shorter. But it had to be. I even put a WTB ad in Armslist. The LGSes told me I was nuts...that I’d never find one...and I should just buy their new full lug model. Then I went to the nearby gun show and lo and behold...
    Great that worked out. That partial is aesthetically more pleasing enough it would have been worth chasing down to me, also.
    NRA Benefactor

NICE! I dig me some big bore wheel guns. I'm still kicking my own a$$ for selling my Super Blackhawk. My 10mm's fill the void now.

Love those old half-lugs. Wish my new 3" SP101 had one.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

^^^ agreed. Not sure what it is but the half lug just does it for me....
    ​O|||||||O