CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware all Bears!

Everyone should own at least 1 large caliber magnum revolver

True, but I've been "downsizing" since my old wrists can't take much of that .44 Magnum beating anymore.
    Gave my S&W Model 29 to oldest son last Christmas and this Super BH to #2 son:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I'm in the dwindling hands and wrist department too, so far I haven't been able to separate myself from the big bores.
    My oldest already has a couple of his own, youngest will get some when he wants.
    Course they'll get them all when they nail the lid shut. Wife refuses to go with my plans and use them all for packing in the box.

No joke, an officer here the other day suggested I build my own coffin. He figured I could build little storage compartment and racks for rifles, ammo etc.
    Not a bad idea when I ponder it. Might have to use a fork lift for a pall bearer but that's not a bad thing.
    Maybe put a little filler tube on top and fill the whole deal with ballistol or something. Wait, I'll have to seal up all the ammo good, don't want to oil the ammo?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've had this SBH for awhile but the short barrel just never looked right to me. Nothing like Armybrat's #2. Or this Redhawk. It's a comfortable shooter though...what with the Bisley grip and all...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Especially iffn' a bear breaks into your home.

Not a "fan" of large frame DA revolvers. I admire them, but they don't good fit my smaller hands. Single Actions work big bore much better/quite well for me, tho.
    I too like a good looking SA. But I really don't shoot them much. I practiced drawing and dry firing and I missed the hammer too often to feel confident drawing on that bear breaking into the house. Thus the Redhawk. Same operation as all my carry guns = draw and shoot.
    ​O|||||||O

I was born a 100 years too late. I never had a problem thumbing a hammer. If a revolver has a hammer I'll thumb it most every time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I was born a 100 years too late. I never had a problem thumbing a hammer. If a revolver has a hammer I'll thumb it most every time.
    I didn't used to have a problem with thumbing S/A hammers....but with aging, smaller hands I've discovered it's become an issue. As I ponder my upcoming .45 Vaquero custom project I'm seriously considering going with the Bisley hammer as even the SBH flat spur has become a bit of a reach.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I've had this SBH for awhile but the short barrel just never looked right to me. Nothing like Armybrat's #2. Or this Redhawk. It's a comfortable shooter though...what with the Bisley grip and all...
    That's been cut down, hasn't it? What's the barrel length?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    That's been cut down, hasn't it? What's the barrel length?
    It’s a Lipsey’s edition. 3.5 inches. Bisley grip and hammer. I agree that the Bisley hammer might be good for your project. It’s a comfortable reach. But I miss it anyways. I’d be one dead cowboy if I was born 100 years ago.
    ​O|||||||O

Now yall got me worried some. I best go home and thumb bust a bit. My thumbs are pretty much the worst of my digits. Double jointed and bothersome.
    I don't recall no issue playing with my Uberti not long ago though.

Be a sad day when I cry when I pull a hammer. I might need a transplant....................full body.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan