CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: My grandson's 7th birday present

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My grandson's 7th birday present

I bought this a few years back shortly after my grandson was born for the Gun Library at Cabela's. Story has it a lady brought in quite a few .22 rifles that her husband had refinished/refurbished over the years. He had passed on and she had no use for them. Well over 50 rifles and all .22s. When I saw this one I knew I had to get it. Original Savage action with a new Stevens barrel and some of the prettiest wood furniture. That, and its the same Savage rifle that I learned to shoot with when I was about 7 years old. My brother has the one my brothers and I all learned on.

I've been waiting patiently for the right time to give him this rifle. I waited too long with my oldest grandson and I jumped the gun with my two granddaughters when I got them bb guns when they were 4 or 5ish. I had also told my daughter and son-in-law NOT to get him a .22 or bb gun as I had one in waiting. Amazingly they waited along with me over the years.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there when he opened it up. However, my wife took plenty of pictures and his dad took him shortly after opening it up to try it out. It looks to be a tad bit long for him but he'll grow into it in short order. The look on his face has made the wait very much worth while.
    Attached Images Attached Images