Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: First 200 rounds thru my PM40- thoughts?

Default First 200 rounds thru my PM40- thoughts?

Hello, so I spent a couple hours running in the break in rounds today, on my new PM40. I polished the feed ramp, and went thru the recommended steps in the new member forum for new Kahrs. I used 800 grit for the mag lips, and used the latest lubricants recommended in the specific areas for lubrication. (Thanks for the guide!) I used Remington ammo 180 gr. (100 rounds) and CCI and FMJ, 50 rounds each to see how it fed. I liked the smoothness of the long pull trigger, and even thought I was very rusty, was able to hit paper at 7 and 5 yards pretty easily. It seemed to hit low left, which was probably my twitch, figuring it out. My eyes are not what they used to be, so I changed the front sight to orange, (After the shoot). I felt like I shot like a spaz, but I had 4 FTE?? FTF for the 200 rounds. No light strike marks on the primer, but clogged a round in the chamber without firing (all Remington's). They shot fine after reloading in a mag (numbered).The first 100 went smooth(CCI/FMJ), without issue. The Snap was not an issue, even though I shot like a toad. I am going to get some laserlite or other training type things, (balance a coin on the front sight) and see what I can do to get back to shooting correctly. Anyone have ideas on the best training aids for this? It has been about a year or so since I have shot...sad. Other ideas from you experts? Thanks!!

just bought one my self going to pocket carry it just have to test it out

I have a PM9 and a CM9. My goal with each of these had always been to be able to consistently punch holes in an 8" paper plate at 20'. I practice my draw, target acquisition, shot placement and reholstering. I have a backyard range and shoot regularly. I recently started practicing with a target ball and it was a humbling experience. I found that I was a good shot with my Kahrs when I set up with my normal routine but struggled with the target ball's constant change. Each shot is different in every way. It's really improved my overall accuracy with the guns at variable distances and angles. I highly recommend getting a few of these if you have access to some shooting land.

how do you no if you have the new followers in the mags

Quote Originally Posted by rumblemonkey View Post
    Hello, so I spent a couple hours running in the break in rounds today, on my new PM40. I polished the feed ramp, and went thru the recommended steps in the new member forum for new Kahrs. I used 800 grit for the mag lips, and used the latest lubricants recommended in the specific areas for lubrication. (Thanks for the guide!) I used Remington ammo 180 gr. (100 rounds) and CCI and FMJ, 50 rounds each to see how it fed. I liked the smoothness of the long pull trigger, and even thought I was very rusty, was able to hit paper at 7 and 5 yards pretty easily. It seemed to hit low left, which was probably my twitch, figuring it out. My eyes are not what they used to be, so I changed the front sight to orange, (After the shoot). I felt like I shot like a spaz, but I had 4 FTE?? FTF for the 200 rounds. No light strike marks on the primer, but clogged a round in the chamber without firing (all Remington's). They shot fine after reloading in a mag (numbered).The first 100 went smooth(CCI/FMJ), without issue. The Snap was not an issue, even though I shot like a toad. I am going to get some laserlite or other training type things, (balance a coin on the front sight) and see what I can do to get back to shooting correctly. Anyone have ideas on the best training aids for this? It has been about a year or so since I have shot...sad. Other ideas from you experts? Thanks!!
    do the mags have the new followers

Hello, I am also unsure if the new mags have an upgraded follower. I figured I would run rounds thru them, and upgrade if I had feeding/ejecting issues. I did not change them from factory at this point, just made sure the springs were in correctly, and cleaned/lubed it. Polished the feed ramp too. Off to run some more rounds thru it, stay tuned-thanks!