Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a Fanboy?

Default What's a Fanboy?

I've been accused of being a Kahr Fanboy. I'm sure I sound like one from time to time. But I think there is a line that separates someone who really likes something from a fanboy. That line is where you think everyone who disagrees with you is wrong...and are quick to point it out...or even argue about it. Cross that line and you are, IMO, a fanboy.

This site is full a members with a great appreciation for Kahr Arms. But no fanboys that I can think of. Everyone here really respects other fine firearms and the shooters who own them.

Great place = Kahrtalk. Agree?
    ​O|||||||O

Agree 110%

I agree, I wouldn't have been here this long if it was full of "Fanboys".
    The respect of each other we see on this site and mostly the usually patient treatment of newbies with the same old questions that I like the most.
    Kahrtalk is a great place to spend few moments on everyday.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

If you want to experience REAL fan boys, go to the HK site. You are not allowed to talk about any other firearms on the site. You are definitely not allowed to say anything against HK firearms period. Many sites do not have a section to talk about other firearms. I own HK firearms, and believe them to be one of the best, but the shear snobbery that goes on keeps me from ever going to any HK site. I've experienced this first hand, and have been kicked off of other sites for just these reasons. I have been to many, many sites, and this is the best by far. I'm talking S&W, Ruger, HK, and some other sites that are more single firearm exclusive. We are talking human beings here, and there are just too many sites that allow people to be called everything in the book if they go against their brand. Ridiculous. Kahr may or may not be the best, but the people are.

I'm tearing up a little bit here. There are indeed way too many extremely fine firearms out there and so many different firearms personal taste to just love one individual brand.

Yall will probably hate me for saying this but I've recently been pondering the purchase of another Glock. I mean even they need some love right?

I'll of course try to fight the urge so don't put a contract out on me yet. I guess having 40 of them to babysit here at work I know them better than most others I prefer. I'm not afraid to rip one apart limb from limb and know how to put it back together, of course in 10 minutes I could teach my 3 year old granddaughter how to do it so really not a big feather in me bonnet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Got these in last week. 103 shiny new G21 mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thats a safe full of joy in .45 right there. Whats the "blue grip" glock in there? Bawanna's secret department issued g21?

We won't be hating you if you get another of the "G" guns. I said I'd never have another one then I ran across that G26 deal and couldn't pass it up. It's past 200 rounds successfully and IWB holster is to be delivered tomorrow so it will get in the carry rotation by next week. Never say never I'm learning. It's a tad lighter than the P30sk.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Dumb question, but why 103? 100 or 110 I could see, but 103 just seems like a weird quantity.

It is indeed Bawanna's secret issue. Actually there's 106 mags in there, the 3 under the blue grip are loaded. It's official purpose is to give to an officer if I happen to be doing something to his issued gun and they have to leave quick. I just give them that. Since we have a new cleaning/work room and they don't want any guns left in there it doesn't really work anymore. Still works well for me, it can be in hand in about 10 seconds. I put blue tape on it since we were using it for officers to check out a new holster we're going to switch to. Wonder how much that safe would weigh if all them 103 other mags were loaded. Heavy.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm tearing up a little bit here. There are indeed way too many extremely fine firearms out there and so many different firearms personal taste to just love one individual brand.

Yall will probably hate me for saying this but I've recently been pondering the purchase of another Glock. I mean even they need some love right?

I'll of course try to fight the urge so don't put a contract out on me yet. I guess having 40 of them to babysit here at work I know them better than most others I prefer. I'm not afraid to rip one apart limb from limb and know how to put it back together, of course in 10 minutes I could teach my 3 year old granddaughter how to do it so really not a big feather in me bonnet.
    Glock fanboy...
    NRA Benefactor