Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE Help, K9 elite trigger bar broke. Need advice.

Kahr probably uses some form of arbor press, only guessing got nothing to back that up with.

If Kahr picked up the shipping I'm guessing they will pick up the repair as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see a no charge invoice in the package and hopefully long before 6 weeks.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I once spoke to a Kahr tech about removing the then-standard K trigger to convert to an Elite trigger. He said I could do it if I had an arbor press. I had never heard of this and had to look it up. I eventually bought an Elite MK9 and K9 for the trigger, despite having no interest in their purely cosmetic features.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Update:
    Kahr came through in a very nice way. I decided to return the gun to them for a repair and emailed the service dept. for a return authorization. It came the next morning accompanied by a Fed Ex shipping label. Great news because when I checked to see what the overnight fee was for a small package it came to $70. Thank you Kahr. Ian Burr, with Kahr, stated the turn around time is 6 weeks. Can't wait to get it back. I expect the repair to cost an hour in labor plus the part cost, very reasonable considering the shipping savings. I was assuming I'd have a local FFL mail the gun for me vis USPS for around $35.

Good start to a downer of a situation. I hate when a gun breaks.
    Ian is GREAT. I've dealt with him on two repairs,and both times Kahr paid for shipping both ways---and kept my pistols in house a single day. One of them was WAY out of warranty(I bent my slide stop spring and Ian suggested I let them update my old P9 from the plastic pin retainer to a screw retainer) and I didn't have to pay a penny for repair.

Kahr's customer service is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Kahr probably uses some form of arbor press...
    Agreed. I was only joking about the "hammer size" -- but sometimes it DOES matter!

I do like that "starter punch" from the 1st page -- I'll have to ask my brother-in-law to make me up a few. I'll bet that sure would have helped on my K9 trigger replacement.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Update, sort of. Coming up on 7 weeks and still the K9 is at the Kahr Mothership. I guess the holidays slowed down the repair line production. Starting to get withdrawal symptoms. I'll comment when the gun returns; a record of the experience for posterity. Forgot to mention that this is a "blemish" gun. Makes a difference in any warranty issue I would imagine.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Thanks for the update. Hope you get it back soon.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Update;
    The time passes slowly. Nine weeks at the Kahr facility and still no K9. I have to admit I'm surprised a repair takes this long. Trying to be patient.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Update;
    The time passes slowly. Nine weeks at the Kahr facility and still no K9. I have to admit I'm surprised a repair takes this long. Trying to be patient.
    Takes a while first time around, second trip will be much faster, hang in there!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

nine weeks? time for an e mail: "did ya forget about me?"
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard45 View Post
    nine weeks? time for an e mail: "did ya forget about me?"
    I did that at 6 weeks. At 7 weeks I was emailed that the gun would be worked on "today or tomorrow". Nothing since.