Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr P and CW 32?

I agree there are some great 32's out there. Nothing I would carry but fun to play with. I have a nice little 25, same deal.
    With them on me I think I'd find myself wishing I had a gun if I ever needed one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I too owned one of the early Seecamp 32’s years ago. Being a blowback design, it actually wasn’t any fun to shoot and I’m not recoil sensitive. It also didn’t have any sights. I personally prefer a .380 (CW380) for pocket carry when I don’t pocket carry my CM9. As far as the 7+1, I just use the Magguts with the bigger and in my opinion the better 380 round.

Better a 32 than nothing is the only good thing that I see in the round. I'll stick to my CW380 and PM9 even if they make a 32. The little extra weight is well worth carrying in my opinion. I have no expertise and did no research, so just an opinion

I've been pretty quiet here about my Kel-Tecs for the last several years since old Jocko whupped on me about Kel-Tecs .... but I'll admit to having 6 or 10 different ones over the years. The last 2-3 years I've trimmed out almost all of my tupperware guns, except my CW9 and my wife's P32. It's probably the best of all the KT's I've owned although I wish I still had my old 1995 P11 and Sub2000. The only issue I've ever had concerning the P32 is the potential for rim lock, particularly if trying to use the shorter COAL hollow point cartridges. At the low velocity of .32 acp out of such a short barrel, the expansion of jhp's isn't guaranteed anyway, so longer hard ball ammo seems to make more sense. It reduces the chance of rim lock at least.

The Seacamp .32 acp is designed around the shorter jhp, including the magazine itself, to reduce the chance of rimlock. The magazines are made to fit the COAL of jhp (can't remember the particular recommended manufacturer cartridge).

Since buying it in 2008, I've never had any issues with the P32, but it doesn't see the range very often either. I carry nothing but .357 mag, 9mm or .45 acp personally (with a j-frame back-up), and mrs. surveyor's P32 generally stays in the night stand unless she's on the road with friends for a couple of days.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Speaking of Jocko whupping on people, it's about time I gave him another spanking. Haven't done so in months.

If I don't suck up to him, I'll never get that fully engraved sweet little J Frame he's always bragging on.

I'm off to harass the Jocko.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Speaking of Jocko whupping on people, it's about time I gave him another spanking. Haven't done so in months.

If I don't suck up to him, I'll never get that fully engraved sweet little J Frame he's always bragging on.

I'm off to harass the Jocko.

tell the old coot that JD says "Hi"

jd

Damned if the old coot didn't respond. He says to tell the gang hes alive and well and not to be fokked with while hes riding around looking at wimmens back sides in Florida. Just got there 3 days ago.

Says he can't do much on the forum from there as his computer is at home, like he can do anything with a computer regardless of where it is.

Sounds exactly like his usual cantankerous self.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Back then, mid to late 80's, mine was Winchester Silvertip.

The Seacamp .32 acp is designed around the shorter jhp, including the magazine itself, to reduce the chance of rimlock. The magazines are made to fit the COAL of jhp (can't remember the particular recommended manufacturer cartridge).

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Back then, mid to late 80's, mine was Winchester Silvertip.

I believe that's what I was trying to remember.

The Seacamp .32 acp is still on my wish list, but I recon it will have to stay on the wish list. They are, from what I've seen, made like Swiss watches - or at least used to be.

jd

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Damned if the old coot didn't respond. He says to tell the gang hes alive and well and not to be fokked with while hes riding around looking at wimmens back sides in Florida. Just got there 3 days ago.

Says he can't do much on the forum from there as his computer is at home, like he can do anything with a computer regardless of where it is.

Sounds exactly like his usual cantankerous self.
    I miss Jocko .... but I've missed (pretty danged near literally) the last 2-3 years.

jd