Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Serpa or other positive-retention holster for K40?

Default Serpa or other positive-retention holster for K40?

I've been looking for a compact molded holster that can retain my K40 without risking it slipping out, but will also release quickly. I like the lever-release for the trigger finger that the Serpa uses; it seems very intuitive. Unfortunately, it seems that Blackhawk doesn't make a Serpa for the K40. Does anyone know if any of the Serpas that are made for other handguns will fit a K40? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a similar style holster (Kydex, polymer, etc.) that has a positive-retention system like the Serpa? T.I.A. -- Robert

Hi Robert - welcome to the forum!

I discovered by accident that my Serpa for my Glock 43 fits my MK/CM/PM 9mm Kahrs nicely. I could adjust the tension to make it fit perfectly if I wanted to.

I don't have a K40 though, so I can't speak for that.

Shouldn't be too tough to find a G43 Serpa to try it out, as the G43 is very popular.....

Good Luck!

This is an old post and I am late to the discussion. I also stumbled on the fact that my K9 fit a Blackhawk Serpa perfectly. I just acquired a new K40, it also fits. It does fit a bit tighter but the latch release is easy to work and the pistol draws smoothly.

This is an old post and I am late to the discussion. I also stumbled on the fact that my K9 fit a Glock 43 Blackhawk Serpa perfectly. I just acquired a new K40, it also fits. It does fit a bit tighter but the latch release is easy to work and the pistol draws smoothly.