Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd everybody go?

Not sure anything needs fixing, or even can be fixed.

I'd blame it on social media taking over. Technology is to blame.

Seems like everyone has a smart phone these days, and it's just easier to communicate with other like minded individuals using that platform. More "streamlined".

It's just faster than using forums like this - but not "better". It's a more "shallow" form of communication that takes less time.

These days, it seems like we all have less and less time to do things. Tough to make more time....

It goes in spurts............kinda like me.......................we need some other topics for discussion. It seems that many of the questions have been answered in depth. You have to trust your members.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Groping..... hmmmmm.... now mom and dad always told me groping was not a nice thing to do so I never was a groper, but there are sure lots of comments that can be made about it. I remember when men would grope, the woman would slap them, and the men took it as a lesson.

Most confusing thing now about the modern world is men are supposed to act like sensitive women and women want to be men, same sexes want to marry each other, nobody knows which bathroom they want to use, or what gender they really are (this week.)

Seems like the groping days were much simpler times. Apologies in advance for crossing the line as I'm sure I've offended someone.
    They were simpler times...............a guy grabbed the wife's rear one time, and I simply stated, " If I see you do it again, I will promise you that I will break all 10 of your fingers, so you can't do it again." It WAS simpler back then...........................

And I've never grabbed her rear again since neither. Learned my lesson by golly. I'm a full time derelict and I need these fingers.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    They were simpler times...............a guy grabbed the wife's rear one time, and I simply stated, " If I see you do it again, I will promise you that I will break all 10 of your fingers, so you can't do it again." It WAS simpler back then...........................
    True story, I was walking down the sidewalk in Manila with my wife in 1987 and a bank security guard with a shotgun made a comment to my wife that I didn't hear and she didn't like. She proceeded to beat the guy with her purse in the head. The guy was humiliated, his partner was in tears laughing, and I as a newly married husband took note to "dont say anything to make her mad." The lesson worked well for me, she has been patient with me, and theres not been many problems to speak of.

Simpler times.....

Got more simple stories like that she taught me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Note to self, don't mess with yqtszhj's wife, even armed with a scattergun.....................................
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

While I've never thought the grouping was ever "cool" even back in the day, I do wonder about the chance for any form of "due process" when all the accusers are talking about stuff (in many instances) from 30+ years ago. No way to prove it did or didn't happen that way and it ignores the realities of "those times" completely. I don't think it was ever right or respectful, but it was the way things were all over. To whack that mole today for what happened way back then is flat out wrong, unless you can show me that the man has not "grow into a better man" since then.

I hate revisionist history... A LOT!

But todays press love, LOVES, LOVES!!! Any subject that is blowing up on social media today. That's where the ratings are...
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

On a positive note tax cut passed
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Note to self, don't mess with yqtszhj's wife, even armed with a scattergun.....................................

Yeow! agreed. On another topic, I would trade wife for a nice scatter gun on some days.....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

There are days I'd take a 380 for mine. Other days I'd have to get something good in trade.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan