Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Best Western Movie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere USA
    Posts
    4,437

    Default Best Western Movie

    This was brought up on another thread so I thought I would start one just for this subject:

    There are many. Most of then are older than 30 years but one fairly recent was Open Range. It's a man's romance if you will allow me to say that. I have watched it several times. The cinematography is excellent , the stage set was meh IMHO but the dialog was outstanding. Listen to some of the cowboy wisdom--applies today as well.

    Another is of course the Lonesome Dove series.

    Other than that I am going further back in time.

    I would have never made it in those days but come to think about it, most didn't live long. 50 yo was ancient. Seems a boy was a man by 16 yo. Had to be since middle age was like 30 yo.

    Another was Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood ( I think that was the title)

    What is your top 1 or 2 movie?
    I am the Living Man

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,494

    Default

    Unforgiven came out when I was in the hospital for a month with a broken back. A male nurse or aide or not sure what he was called asked me if I wanted to watch a movie. Since I was going stir crazy I said yeah. He brought in Unforgiven. I think I watched it 4 or 5 times in a row. Watched probably that many times or more since. Good movie.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Upstate, South Carolina
    Posts
    714

    Default

    My favorites are:

    Pale Rider
    Tombstone
    Outlaw Josey Wales.

    Unforgiven is often mentioned as one of Clint's best movies, but I just never cared for it much. Color me different.
    NRA Benefactor

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near the Gila Mountains in SW AZ.
    Posts
    4,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    This was brought up on another thread so I thought I would start one just for this subject:

    There are many. Most of then are older than 30 years but one fairly recent was Open Range. It's a man's romance if you will allow me to say that. I have watched it several times. The cinematography is excellent , the stage set was meh IMHO but the dialog was outstanding. Listen to some of the cowboy wisdom--applies today as well.

    Another is of course the Lonesome Dove series.

    Other than that I am going further back in time.

    I would have never made it in those days but come to think about it, most didn't live long. 50 yo was ancient. Seems a boy was a man by 16 yo. Had to be since middle age was like 30 yo.

    Another was Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood ( I think that was the title)

    What is your top 1 or 2 movie?
    Those you have listed are some favorites of mine as well.

    My top favorites are hard to call, but let's go with:
    1.Tombstone 1993
    2.Shane 1953 or Appaloosa 2008

    I like a lot of the John Ford directed westerns, Clint Eastwood's stuff, and Duvall as he has gotten older.

    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Folks have already mentioned the obvious.
    I'll add a few lesser known films -
    Rio Bravo




    And a sleeper Western (personal favorite) called - Duel at Diablo




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    516

    Default

    My all time favorite - "Outlaw Josey Wales".

    Best line in the movie:

    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    My all time favorite - "Outlaw Josey Wales".

    Clint's best line in the movie:

    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."
    "Well are ya' gonna PULL those pistols or whistle Dixie?"


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere USA
    Posts
    4,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Folks have already mentioned the obvious.
    I'll add a few lesser known films -
    Rio Bravo




    And a sleeper Western (personal favorite) called - Duel at Diablo



    Duel at diablo....not sure ivvsaw it. Will have to chk it out
    I am the Living Man

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere USA
    Posts
    4,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Those you have listed are some favorites of mine as well.

    My top favorites are hard to call, but let's go with:
    1.Tombstone 1993
    2.Shane 1953 or Appaloosa 2008

    I like a lot of the John Ford directed westerns, Clint Eastwood's stuff, and Duvall as he has gotten older.

    Regards,
    Greg
    Tombstone....yep Def a top pick
    Shane......mandatory watch for sure.
    I am the Living Man

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Duel at diablo....not sure ivvsaw it. Will have to chk it out
    If those screen shots don't ring a bell?
    You haven't seen it.
    I highly recommend the film

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop