CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Western Movie

Well those are all good movies but I think the very best western ever made has to be "The man who shot Liberty Valance"... You have The Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Lee Marvin (one of the all time great bad guys) and Vera Miles as Miss Hallie who cooks up steaks bigger than a 14 inch frying pan.....Great old time western I could watch every night and not get tired of it....

Next best and almost equal is the Duke's last film "The Shootist" also staring Jimmy Stewart and Lauren Bacall...Also a great movie which is a little sad because John Wayne passed away shortly after it was made way back in 1976...Wow has it been that long.....

Also have to mention "Tall in the Saddle". (can you tell I'm a Duke fan). Great old time western made way back in 1944 with good ole Gabby Hayes as Dukes sidekick....They just don't make um like this anymore

And last but not least, who doesn't love "Blazing Saddles". So stupid but hilarious...I love it when Sheriff Taggart is leading the posse to Rock Ridge and they come to the toll booth and he drawls out "Any body got a dime?...Somebody's got to go back and get a chit load of dimes.....Best comedy movie ever and can you imagine making this movie today?..no way

I'm just glad nobody said "Broke Back Mountain"!

Love all the above and to add a few more John Wayne ones I love El Dorado, Chisum and Mclintock as well. Minus that pukeback mountain thing Airnet mentioned. Never saw it and never will.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Default Duel at Diablo

One of the best, must see, Westerns...

Another vote for Outlaw Jose Wales. My all time favorite and Clint's best work. Another that no one has mentioned is The Quick and The Dead. Always had a thing for Sharon Stone.

Cool Duel at Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    Love all the above and to add a few more John Wayne ones I love El Dorado, Chisum and Mclintock as well. Minus that pukeback mountain thing Airnet mentioned. Never saw it and never will.
    I AGREE, never saw it, never will!

Shane Sound effects gunfire and Cinematography. Favorite scene dog slowly gets up and walks out of saloon door just before the show down with Jack Palance.
    Magnificent Seven The one with Steve McQueen, Yul Brenner, Robert Vaughn, Charles Bronson,James Cobern
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Favorite line " Rules,,-there ain"t no rules in a knife fight." > Paul Neuman then kicks him in the nuts.
    Jeremiah Johnson Scene;The fateful ride through the Indian burial ground.
    The Three Amigo's Favorite Line by Chevy Chase- "One false move and I'll fill you so full of lead you can use your dick as a pencil."
    Open Range 1)Sound effects of the rain at the start of the movie and 2) You know the bad guys are done for when they kill his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    Shane Sound effects gunfire and Cinematography. Favorite scene dog slowly gets up and walks out of saloon door just before the show down with Jack Palance.
    Magnificent Seven The one with Steve McQueen, Yul Brenner, Robert Vaughn, Charles Bronson,James Cobern
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Favorite line " Rules,,-there ain"t no rules in a knife fight." > Paul Neuman then kicks him in the nuts.
    Jeremiah Johnson Scene;The fateful ride through the Indian burial ground.
    The Three Amigo's Favorite Line by Chevy Chase- "One false move and I'll fill you so full of lead you can use your dick as a pencil."
    Open Range 1)Sound effects of the rain at the start of the movie and 2) You know the bad guys are done for when they kill his dog.
    If u like Magnif 7 u got to see the original movie 7 samurai
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I know now i never saw it. I have to.....
    I am the Living Man