Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: Kahr MK40 Question...

Default Kahr MK40 Question...

For all you Kahr folks out there...

I have a Kahr MK40 (standard model, not the Elite) that I've upgraded with Hogue Wood Grips, Trijicon Night Sights, new slide release lever that is radiused to prevent the sharp edges from biting into my thumb, and a Wolff Recoil Spring. I also have a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 that I carry it in. Over the past few years, I hardly shoot the gun and only carry it in the summer, so looking to sell it, to liberate some cash.

I'd like to get your opinion on the value of the above package if I sold it all together...

Thanks in Advance

I’ve heard reports of crazy way low prices on stainless Kahrs. But around here one like yours would probably go for about $500. We have a seller nearby who gets them often. They will give you $350 in trade and retail it for $490. That’s pretty much any stainless model with or without night sights or wood grips. A bargain IMHO. We have another seller who typically asks $600 and they sit on the shelf. You can ask more or less based on your desire to sell it. I’m not sure the holster adds anything to the package. You can probably do better if you separate it out. I hope that helps. Ymmv depending on your market.
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks for the advice, very helpful...

Your timing is not great. The price of guns in general is down since the last election and right now the .40 is an unpopular caliber. I have been able to pick up bulk ammo for less than the price of 9mm and have gotten some real deals on guns. I still like the caliber but a lot of people are dumping it. I have no interest in shooting it in a small gun like a Kahr MK, though. From what I see, clean K40 and MK40 pistols, even including elites, sell ok for $350 - $400 and maybe up to about $425, but over that may sit for a while. There are regional differences. An MK9 is worth more than an MK40 at the moment.

Just my opinion. of course and I hope you can do much better. I can't recall for sure but I think the MK40 frame is the same as the MK9. If so, you might want to sell the grips separately.

Solid advice, which is greatly appreciated, so thank you! I agree many are dumping the 40 and it is bad timing, but I need to make room in the herd. I'll consider selling it all together and if I cannot get my price I'll split the grips and holster off and sell them separately.

Thanks Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin7 View Post
    Solid advice, which is greatly appreciated, so thank you! I agree many are dumping the 40 and it is bad timing, but I need to make room in the herd. I'll consider selling it all together and if I cannot get my price I'll split the grips and holster off and sell them separately.

Thanks Again.
    Good luck and if you are selling online, try to take good pictures and mention the box and manual and such if you have them. It might help. By the way, I have been thinking of rounding a slide stop on a p380. Did you do yours yourself? Dremel?