Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Kahr #7

Default Kahr #7

Stopped by my local gun shop today. They've recently started carrying Kahr guns due to customer requests (me).

In a showcase was a like new, never fired CW45 for $270. Came with 3 mags - 2 original Kahr 6 rd, and one Kimber 6 rd mag.

Checking it over, it does indeed look un-fired. The original owner bought a P380 plastic Kahr case, and cut it out to fit the larger CW45. Did a nice job! All original paperwork was included.

It's got a Talon grip installed already too. Figured it was too good a price to pass up....

The Kimber mag fits flush, but sometimes doesn't hold the slide back every time. Gonna have to tinker with that.

My first Kahr 45 - that's a mighty big hole in the muzzle! Good project to work on over the holiday.

Congrats on the CW45
    Mine is still my favorite Kahr pistol (with my MK9 a close second).
    I have tried many different brands of Officer's/Compact 1911 magazines in my CW45 and have yet to find one with a follower that consistently locks the slide back. Folks here have reported that ACTMAG magazines have a follower that will do so, but I have no pursued that. I remain content using Kahr followers and springs in Officer's/compact magazine tubes. That combo has worked flawlessly for me.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Good buy and 7 round officers mags by Act mag work for me.

I recently took my cw45 out for a run and had a couple of stove pipes. Also either the ammo was hot and/or the recoil spring is getting worn as the slide was slamming back under recoil (which I know it is worn as I have well over 1000 maybe close to 2000 rounds with the original recoil spring.) With the old spring I can rack the slide TOO EASY! Ordered a new spring that arrived today. Will install it and go to the range after the holidays.

You're gonna like that CW45.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Enjoy your CW45. I do enjoy mine.

Mine came with the one 6 round mag, I got another with the promotion Kahr had at the time. Plus added three of the Kahr 7 round mags. It rides in a MTR Custom Leather Dual Carry holster.

Like mine too, but I usually carry a CM45 because it's smaller and slightly lighter.

Took my "new" CW45 to the range today.

You guys were right - I really like it! Very soft shooting for a small 45 - it's a real sweetheart.

The slide didn't hold open first time with the Kimber mag, but did every time after that.

First couple of mags, it was ejecting the casings like a line drive right into my forehead, but that stopped pretty quick.

I regret not buying one of these things sooner. What a great firearm!

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Love my CW45 - I too picked mine up from a pawn shop (felt like I robbed them)
    Ended up with the know issue of the slide rails in the frame were too short and allowed slide slop - contacted KAHR, they instantly knew what the issue was, told me to send it back, they sent me a new CW45 !!!
    Pawn shop steal, to a new CW45 - it shoots like a dream once broken in and I carry it a lot now.

Congrats and enjoy