Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good deal alert!

I got mine from Buds for $162 after the $50 rebate they were offering earlier this year. Plus $30 FFL fee.

I installed the Galloway spring kit which lightens the trigger pull to 7.5# without changing the length of pull.

Totally reliable with a bunch of different ammo (550 rounds). Accurate and low recoil. The RM380 is a winner.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

The Herters ammo was pretty dirty. Ran like a champ in the CW9 and p380 though. Spent all afternoon cleaning them up.

I've heard nothing but good reviews from the RM380, so pretty excited to get it. I too hope they make a 9mm version.

Have you had any problem with light primer strikes after changing out the trigger springs. Also does anyone know if theres any aftermarket grips available?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    The Herters ammo was pretty dirty. Ran like a champ in the CW9 and p380 though. Spent all afternoon cleaning them up.

I've heard nothing but good reviews from the RM380, so pretty excited to get it. I too hope they make a 9mm version.

Have you had any problem with light primer strikes after changing out the trigger springs. Also does anyone know if theres any aftermarket grips available?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    I’ve had no issues with light strikes. All 550 rounds have been with the lighter spring.

My RM380 trigger is very smooth. Smoother than my CM9 trigger but quite a bit longer. I prefer the Kahr trigger but until Kahr solves its 380 issues I’m staying with the RM380.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Point Blank Range and Gunshop had them for 219 with a 100 rebate last weekend- I couldn't pass that up.
    Seems OK, trigger does not break until it is all the way back - a little disconcerting, but shot it well.
    Decent new acquisition, no hiccups, fed all FMJ well. I will call it good after ~300 rounds.

-steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine

Picked mine up yesterday. I am really impressed with it considering the price I got it for (once the rebate comes back). It is much nicer than my Kel-tec .380 (I might look at trading the kel-tec in for a S&W 637).

I agree with you on the trigger. I actually thought it was broke for a minute because I thought I had pulled it back as far as it would go and it wouldn't drop the hammer! turns out I just had to keep pulling! I'm going to purchase the stainless guide rod and spring kit from galloway after the next paycheck. Then probably some G10 grips from VZ grips after that.

I haven't got to shoot it yet but it chambered every round of .380 I have stockpiled.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Exclamation

All: I don't want to rain on your new gun purchase - it's awesome when ever we get new toys.
    But you NEED to be REAL careful from Palmetto State Armory - they are NOTORIOUS for being a middle man in credit card fraud.
    So much so that I've forbid myself from ever buying from them.

Follow this google search link to all sorts of forums posted by a lot of people saying after purchase from PSA, their credit cards were compromised.

Please just be aware of PSA has issues with your credit card information security.
    Forum users form the following forums ALL have had credit card breaches AFTER they made purchases.

Reddit
    AR15
    M4Carbine
    Pirate4x4
    WBUR (television station)
    The Rip off report
    the Firearms blog
    BBB - caution statement
    Glock talk
    Calguns
    Sigtalk
    Sigforum
    The Garage journal
    AK FIles
    NorthEast Shooters
    Survival board
    Accurate Shooter
    1911 forum

I think you get my drift by now.. PLEASE - check and follow your credit card statements - or better yet - request a new card NOW if you ordered from them.

https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1638&bih=834

Palmetto state armory credit card breach 2017

https://www.google.com/search?client...Y2BqgQ1QIIfigD

I bought a RM380 just before Black Friday to take advantage of the $100 rebate. Then I picked up some VZ grips and the Galloway spring kits.
    I decided to shoot it "stock" last weekend and it was okay, not jumping into the carry rotation just yet. I shoot my P380 a lot better, but I could keep all six rounds in the Remington in the target area every time. We shot about thirty rounds of Winchester White box flat nose FMJ's (only type of target ammo I had on hand) and only found a couple of failures. About round 20 I had one failure to go all the way into battery and several times of the flat point hanging on the feed ramp when slingshoting the first round into the chamber on a new mag. I was happy with the performance of the little gun, but Wow! that gun has a long trigger. The wife had liked the little Remington out the box as it was way easier for her to rack compared to my P380. That said, she HATED the guns trigger at the range, missing the target at 7 yards several times because of the super long travel. I'm sure that she will find it okay with more training and practice, but she found a Kimber Micro 380 that she loves and shoots very well out the box.

I will have $288 in the Remington ready to carry, I will have about $825 in her Kimber by the time she begins to carry it...

Well... its only money.

Also my Remington rebate check came back in about six weeks. I did the online pre registration before mailing in the paperwork and they say that helped.

A few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

PlaneDude - a little off topic for this thread, but how do you like your Kimber?
    I'm really looking hard at the Micro 9 from them and would appreciate your feedback.

The Kimber is a great little gun. The 9mm is slightly larger than the wife's 380 and I have not shot one. I went to the show to find something for me and didn't find anything I wanted to part money for. When the wife found the Bel Air though... It was love at first fondle and it was at the best price I'd ever seen on a special edition Kimber. Being a Kimber though, that's a relative thing...
    The finish on this gun is slick. It looks slick and it feels slick, I only fired a couple of mags (wife shot it much more) but the little gun was moving around on me under recoil. I'll have to practice with the lil gun some more to find the right grip. Trigger seems a bit stiff and I guess it to be about 8lbs, but it breaks nice and clean. We put about 125 rounds through it, so its not even broke in yet. Time and round count will tell the final story.
    I would not pocket carry a cocked and locked 1911(-ish) gun, But I would wear one of these Kimber's (9mm or 380), on my waist every day. Until the day I do plunk down the cash for my own, I'll keep my P380 in my pocket.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Thanks for the quick review - I'm only a IWB/OWB person - so I'm good with that.
    My eyes are aging and I like (though do not rely on) Crimson Trace lasers.

I like how the Kimber is integrated in the grip panel where as the SIG P938 is the under barrel snout laser, I do not like that type, but the SIG has a .22 conversion kit and that would be a good gun to start the 8 year old with....
    grrrrrrrr

Anyhow, thanks for the quick review/reply.