Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Future Kahr owner from GA

Default Future Kahr owner from GA

Hey guys I ran across this forum in my search for info on the PM/CM 40. I'm looking to purchase one in the next few days and thought it'd be best to join and get your opinions on which model to go with. There's only a $70 price difference so I'm leaning towards the PM40.

With only a $70 differential, I'd probably also go with the PM. However, as you probably know, there's no real functional difference.

Welcome, glad you found us. You asked for an opinion so here's mine. While we have several devout 40 fans here, if I was shopping for a PM/CM and for 70 bucks I'd probably go the PM myself but I'd go a 9. To me the 40 is kind of a fire breather in the small package of the PM/CM size.

Again many have them, and many love them. They don't hurt or anything just too much flip for me, too long to get back on target.

I carry a PM45 and even with my deteriorating hands I find it's not uncomfortable to shoot.

I got a K9 the all steel version in a 9 in case the 45 becomes burdensome but so far so good.

Ok, I'll step down and let the 40 advocates convince you to stay the course.

Best of luck with whatever you end up with.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would go with the PM, I find the fit and finish on the PM is better than the CM, plus you get an extra mag with the PM. The mag alone covers about 1/2 the price difference.
    PM comes in a Plastic case, CM comes in a Cardboard box.

-Ken
    NRA Benefactor

Thanks for the welcome and your opinions. I've considered going with a PM9 but my EDC, night stand gun, and carbine are all .40 so I think it'd be best for me to stick with that round in my BUG.
    My main reason for spending the extra on the PM is the availability of night sights. It looks like they are no longer available for the CM on Kahr's site.

I own all .40 cal firearms except for one. My MK9...............................all of my firearms are compacts, but .40 cal. is even too much for me in the Kahr size package. Even with an all metal firearm, .40 is a whopper in a small package. I've tried to justify consolidating calibers but I like my MK too much. So, I live with having to stock/shoot 2 different ammo's.

How does the PM40 recoil compare to the Kel-Tec P40? I had a Kel-Tec P40 for a short time several years back but I couldn't get past that horrible trigger.