Hello everyone. My name is Scott and I live in central Pennsylvania. I’ve been an avid shooter since I was very young, shooting with my dad, uncles and cousins. I have had a license to conceal carry since I was old enough to have one and am rarely without a firearm unless I’m at work (not allowed on their premises). I’m a dedicated shooter that visits local ranges that I’m a member at least once or twice per week. My gun history started with an Interarms Star 9mm and have owned many guns since, including Glocks, Rugers, SIGs, Walthers, etc.

Now onto business...I’ve shot a couple of Kahr pistols, a CM40 and CW9 to be specific. I’m looking for advice on a near future purchase of a Kahr firearm. I have several future plans for Kahr if the first purchase works out and I enjoy the gun and have no reliability issues. I recently started having some issues with my Walther PPS M2 and although there is an easy and relatively inexpensive ($80) fix, it has left me thinking of getting a different EDC weapon. I’ve been pricing some Kahr CM9 and PM9 models at local gun stores and online (Buds). Looks like there is about $200-300 difference in price and I understand all of the differences in why the PM9 is more. That’s not really my issue. The issue is the availability and installation of sights/night sights. From what I’m learning it appears that night sights for the CM9 used to be more readily available but seem to be out of stock now on Kahr’s website. I did find a CM9 on Buds with a front night sight only, but was unsure what rear sight to replace the non-night sight with. It appears that the only option on Kahr’s site is a Meprolight rear.

i know night sights are not absolutely necessary but I like the idea of them and have them on my Walther now, so not really looking to retrogress with a new gun. Buds also has full night sight PM9s but are the “factory” night sights any good? Are they Trijicon front and rear or Trijicon/Meprolight mix? Just looking for advice/opinions/recommendations. Thanks in advance!

-XS