Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy new year

Default Happy new year

Here's hoping that 2018 is a good year for all. I will be staying in the nice warm house, as temps will be about -20 with the wind. Never did celebrate much, I always considered it rookie night on the roads, so usually stayed home. This year the Sheriffs will be out in force in my area, the most they've had on the roads in years. I believe that we've had too many people driving the wrong way on the expressway this year.

Happy New Year to all the KahrTalk folks !

Yep...Happy New Year to all. I plan to stay up an extra hour tonight in celebration.
    NRA Benefactor

Me too, I'll probably make it till 10:30, maybe even 11, into a good book. Mom got me a good bottle of scotch awhile back, haven't pulled the cork yet, don't know if I will or not. A little taste wouldn't hurt none, celebration and all ya know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Light Bulb Happy New Year

Drinking Stella Artois and watching Penelope Cruz.
    life is good

Had some excellent tamales from the Del Rio Tortilla Factory (San Antonio) for dinner this evening. We'll turn in and watch The Ball drop in Times Square, mainly because the wife insists.
    I've had my fill of balls dropping though, but anything to humor her.

Happy New Year fellow Kahrnuts!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

But, but, but, Times Square? Ain't that in NEW YORK CITY! And they don't know diddly about picante sauce...........

I don't know about you Army, first you buy that tiny little mouse gun awhile back and now this. I thought everything was big in Texas, men were men and wore the boots in the family.

Better watch the ball drop, heard the wimmen in Texas can be badgers at times. Not worth the beating.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

HNY all - even if I don't make it to midnight, I'll be up from all the fools with the fireworks and the dogs won't let us sleep .....
    Other then that - deciding to less computer more reading of paper in the coming year (hard task as I'm an electrical engineer / computer programmer....) one book a month goal.
    Decided to try to learn a new knot each month also and maybe try to learn to use non-electric tools (better) to make things too -

Stay safe, shoot a lot - hope all you and yours keep healthy in 2018.

Good for you, there's a certain satisfaction in making stuff without plugged in or battery operated tools.

One book a month should be easy, I do about one a week. Kindle is my friend.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I flaked out at 11:15 Texas Time. Slept like a log.
    It's 24 here and may not get above freezing until Wednesday. Even got a dusting of snow overnight.
    Going to a potluck brunch down in Austin at a Happy Hour group member's condo. Mrs. Brat is steaming up 3 dozen more of those excellent tamales and cooking a big batch of sweet & sour meatballs. Those kind of balls are A-ok. She also baked a couple of trays of pecan pie tarts.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling