Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM40 weird hitch when manually pulling slide

I had a similar problem with my CM9 and it turned out to be the nut on the end of the recoil spring/guide rod assembly. It would hit the edge of the opening at the muzzle end of the slide when racked. Try looking at that when you rack it (gun unloaded, of course) you might see that nut catching and feel a hitch in the movement.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. Kahr sent a free recoil spring that has almost fixed the issue. It feeds better and does not have the "hitch" anymore. I'm thinking one of the extra strength recoil springs from Wolf might help even more. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobooster View Post
    I'm thinking one of the extra strength recoil springs from Wolf might help even more.
    You may want to call Wolff on this one.

The regular strength recoil springs are 13 coil springs - they fit the older style PM9 with the blunt nose.

I haven't bought any of the extra strength recoil springs, and don't know if they're 13 coil or 15 coil.

The CM9 takes a 15 coil spring, so you might not be gaining anything if the extra strength spring is a 13 coil one....

This is a 180, usually people are concerned that the springs are too stiff.

The factory springs are also supplied by Wolff so as Ed mentioned, contacting them might be a good idea.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Good advice, I will do that thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    You may want to call Wolff on this one.

The regular strength recoil springs are 13 coil springs - they fit the older style PM9 with the blunt nose.

I haven't bought any of the extra strength recoil springs, and don't know if they're 13 coil or 15 coil.

The CM9 takes a 15 coil spring, so you might not be gaining anything if the extra strength spring is a 13 coil one....

Thanks for weighing in, I appreciate it. I will do that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This is a 180, usually people are concerned that the springs are too stiff.

The factory springs are also supplied by Wolff so as Ed mentioned, contacting them might be a good idea.