CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Revolver you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    GTO in the background? I know it's a Pontiac................
    It's a 69 Firebird. I wish it were a GTO. I had a 66 GTO a long time back. Tri power, 4 speed w/ a 450 c.i. motor. This one belongs to my son. The trunk is really short and the hood is a football field long. When you step on it the nose goes so high in the air that you can't see where you're going

Things have sure changed . I thought my carbed GTO and my sons souped up Firebird were fast. But not by by today's standards'

I think my 2000 six speed Camaro and the wife's 2010 six speed Dodge Challenge could do a number on those oldies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That ain't the same car as in the previous photo. The one before is older I'm sure, has two hood scoops.

Aw, disregard, I see now, you put a photo of your Camaro and just described the Firebird which was my next guess.

It all makes sense now. Kind of scary when I think about it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That ain't the same car as in the previous photo. The one before is older I'm sure, has two hood scoops.

Aw, disregard, I see now, you put a photo of your Camaro and just described the Firebird which was my next guess.

It all makes sense now. Kind of scary when I think about it.
    Sorry for the confusion

As much as I love my Camaro there's times I think it's gotta go. Since my left knee replacement I can't bend it back enough get out without pushing the driver's seat almost all the way back.

BUT! When driving it and listening to the sound and feeling power of the motor, it's hard to part with it. It's fun to lightly goose it at a green light and have the rear ties break loose a little. Yes I do wear out tires and I do watch Street Outlaws.

I'm into my third childhood

This thread brought back fond memories of my 1st and 2nd childhoods. I'm into # 3 myself.

Fastest car I ever owned was a 68 volkswagon. It was a real sleeper before I painted it. Faded red looked like any other old VW on the road but started with a 1600 engine and pumped it up to about 1850. Had a 4 barrel Holley on it for awhile but it ran it's absolute best with 2 2 barrel Webers.

Took it to a all VW thing down and SIR drag strip and people were looking at me like why did you drag that piece of junk down here, that lasted till the green light and then jaws hit the deck. Ran in the 12's and I drove it down and back.

Totally blew off a new Corvette and young guy was showing off for his girlfriend. One of my finer days and a story for another time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Isn't nice to have fond old memories ?
    After reading this, wife and I were remembering when we were going out together the times when she helped me rebuild carbs, replace blown spider gears in rear ends, replace syncomesh tranny gears. all this in a 55 chevy with a 57 chevy motor that I raced at the drag strip and the streets. That car cost me 3 revocations to my drivers license.
    After that we got civilized. Bought a fully loaded 1957 Oldsmobile 98 convertible, with a tri power J2 motor. We couldn't really go fully civilized.

Then I relapsed back to my old ways, but smarter

Last car we owned before transferring out here in 77 was the 66 GTO convertible. Should have taken that one with us !

Ah! Those were the days
    Last edited by jg rider; 01-04-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    There's something about a 3" SP101 that just looks right.
    Yeah, I think it looks a bit better proportion-wise than the 2.25", which is one of my favorites. But I do have a new SP101 3" in .327 Federal on layaway at GaG. Gonna liberate it next month when we are visiting relatives in the Dallas area.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

-Rudyard Kipling

Well damn, it looks like my son parked his '69 Rally Sport in Australia.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Well damn, it looks like my son parked his '69 Rally Sport in Australia.
    It looks like the earth rotated. WOW ! That's nice

Wait ! Isn't that Bumblebee from the Transformers movies ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a 68 RS (not convertible), always wanted a 69. It was blacker than black, pretty thing. Had it 5 or 6 years and don't think I put 2000 miles on it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan