Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Revolver you own?

Quote Originally Posted by jg rider View Post
    LOL !
    Wife calls it the gun from hell. Both she and I have arthritic webs of our hands. I may have exaggerated about the limit of rounds willing to be fired by others then the wife, nieces, myself. but they all say OOCH ! My reloads are 158 cast swc with either 700X or WST, 231.
    I try not to shoot many reloads through it because of the notoriety of .38 cases splitting and possibly eroding the titanium cylinders.
    I think there was something written in the owner's manual about this
    My wife calls mine "American Express" because I never leave home without it... Mine was a Valentine's present that she bought for me. It is the only pistol that I would never part with. I gave her a Browning Buckmark that same year for her birthday and she will never part with that one either...

IMG_0882 (1)

Ruger SP101 in .38 special, 3 inch barrel. My first and only wheel gun. Like it better than my sons S&W 642 Airweight.

That's gorgeous! I bought my wife an SP101 in 22 intending to get her a 38 SP101 but ended up with a 638. It has a shrouded hammer but I can still cock the thing, the scary thing is decocking it, not much purchase on the hammer so you want to have your wits about ya when ya do it.
    She always double actions it so no worries. Me being born a 100 years too late, if it has a hammer I cock it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My 586 No Dash, 4" with Target grips. Imho 4" L frames are the Cats A$$ for shooting .357 rounds.
    My 2nd favorite is my recently acquired 10-7 nickel plated snub nose posted in another thread.

I took the snubbie to an indoor range over the holidays, and was pleasantly surprised at how well I shot it. Grouping were extremely tight for a 2" barreled revolver with a trough for a rear sight.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    What are those grips, and is it comfortable to shoot with them? I love my 640-3 but I can't really pick a "best."
    Eagle Secret Service if I remember correctly?
    They are more for looks and concealment than comfort.
    If you're looking for comfort and don't care so much about concealment?
    I recommend Pachmayr's Compac grips.
    That's what's on my 44 Mag.
    Not having an exposed backstrap helps.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

S&W 617 4 inch, pre-lock.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

My 66-2 snub wears the Pach Compac grips, but without the pinky cutout. I do like them, they're small but absorb recoil really well. I wish they weren't as snaggy, but you actually can't have everything. I put the Hogue bantams on my 640 and they work adequately well but I wouldn't want to shoot a whole box of ammo with them.

Oh all right, I guess (for now) these are my favorites!

Hands down my SP101's are my favorites. I have the 3" and 4.2". My 3" is my go to carry revolver.

There's something about a 3" SP101 that just looks right.