Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: American Rifleman Dope Bag review of Kahr S9 (February 2018 issue)

Default American Rifleman Dope Bag review of Kahr S9 (February 2018 issue)

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/...startid=65#/68

Interesting tidbit in the review that the factory now has a hydraulic machine that cycles the slide of each pistol hundreds of times to smooth out the action, which eliminates the infamous "200 round break-in" process.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thanks for that Army. One thing I picked up was why they put that hideous SN Plate on the side. I forgot about the rails, really no place else to put it.

I'd of put more effort into recessing it between the rails or something. I don't care for it on the handle.

Other than that it seems they are trying to improve and address some of the complaints. Valid or not.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the post Armybrat
    I don't see a byline for that article....might as well have been a press release from Kahr.
    Even though I've no plans to buy an "S" series with that silly serial number billboard on the grip, I want to see photos (or a video) of the "hydraulic fixture" that will cycle each gun hundreds of times before shipping. They should know the rule: "photos or it didn't happen".
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Actually I'd like to see a video of that thing in action. lol

Yeah, the # plate on the side of the grip is an eyesore, just like it is on my CT380.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Actually I'd like to see a video of that thing in action. lol

Yeah, the # plate on the side of the grip is an eyesore, just like it is on my CT380.
    At least that plate on the 380 pistols is just the serial number. I don't find that as garish as the S series billboard.
    However, I would even like to see them move that up by the slide stop; put a metal piece up there that could have the serial number on it and also be threaded for the slide stop spring screw.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That's a fine idea right there. Metal to screw that slide stop spring screw would be a wonderful thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not a bad idea to suggest to Justin. Mebbe an email to drop the hint - supposedly the S9 is a response to customers' requests, as the review said.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I'd just as soon see the S# underneath on the rail somehow and smaller. Or maybe underneath the trigger guard??????????

I would love to see the video of the process but it could be that Kahr considers it proprietary information. The serial number plate is a no big deal to me.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up