Hello,

Leaving my introduction to the forum. I'm Rick from Tennessee, near Chattanooga. 58 years old, former FFL holder and military. I'm a general gun guy that's not wealthy enough to be a collector. I love my guns, knives, fishing, etc., probably just like most of you.

I bought the first K9 I saw back in the mid 90's. I loved the guns ergonomics, size, etc, what I didn't like was the trigger and the finish...ad a thin spot on the top of the slide that wanted to get surface rust.
I never got to where I could shoot the gun well so I didn't shoot it often. Sure won't get better if I didn't shoot it. I'm not a DA revolver guy either. Being a shadetree gunsmith, I figured I'd do a trigger job but didn't try because I decided I might not be able to help it...seemed to be more about design than sear surfaces and angles. Anyway, I got talked into selling it a couple years ago and replaced it with a VP9 which is nice...but I missed my traveling companion K9. Fast forward to a Sportsmans Warehouse sale on CW9's for $280 and with a little reading here, I figured I couldn't go wrong. The trigger seemed a lot better that the old K9.

i did my normal field strip, clean and lube. I grabbed an bike inner tube to cover the aggressive grips (since read that's common to do). I then read the new kahr prep thread on here and went thru the gun. I think it was probably silly, but before shooting it, I had polished the feed ramp, checked the mag follower for hitting the release (it does but spring pressure overcomes it), smoothed the sharp-ish edge on the slide release lever, etc. Good info on this website. I took her outside in the cold and ran a couple mags without incident. Out of the box, it would jam on the slow release of the slide, now its slick and you can ease a round into the chamber. Thank you folks for the info on the gun.

I don't know this but some of the issues I read about on here didn't seem to be an issue with this gun. Maybe kahr has made corrections.

I still have a hankering for a K9 but I plan on running a few hundred rounds thru the CW9 first. Does anyone know if the new K9's have the same type of hogue rubber grips that the old K9's came with?

Next work is to dull up those ejection port "knives". I have hand cycled the slide a lot and I have an arthritic grip, slipped a couple times and it bit a finger. I have to stop grabbing the front of the slide.

thanks for listening. BTW, I don't have the experience with these guns that many do, so I'll not have much value to add and I'll be pretty quiet.