Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: CM9 & shot shells

Default CM9 & shot shells

FYI, the CCI shot shells run perfectly through my CM9 (only ran 3 in a row through magazine) if anyone is interested. 3 yards was ~ max range (~ 12" diameter pattern), 5 yards opened way up. A CM9 in the pocket is a lot easier than a .45 in an OWB, I don't own a revolver which is probably best of all .

Thanks for the report on the 9mm shotshells. Is this the blue tipped stuff?

I've been pleased with the function of their 45 Auto shotshell in my CW45 and 1911 pistols, but that ammo has a full, aluminum shaped case:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yep, CCI blue, round tip. Was also using .45, but it's a lot easier (for me) to carry my CM9 in my front pocket when fishing the back country.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks for the report on the 9mm shotshells. Is this the blue tipped stuff?

I've been pleased with the function of their 45 Auto shotshell in my CW45 and 1911 pistols, but that ammo has a full, aluminum shaped case:

Regards,
    Greg

What is your intended purpose? I have a few .22 shotshells I use in a bolt rifle to shoot annoying woodpeckers drumming on our gutters and for snakes.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DM123 View Post
    What is your intended purpose? I have a few .22 shotshells I use in a bolt rifle to shoot annoying woodpeckers drumming on our gutters and for snakes.
    I use them to cull feral paper plates
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

If there's one thing I got no tolerance for it's feral paper plates. Well done.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    FYI, the CCI shot shells run perfectly through my CM9 (only ran 3 in a row through magazine) if anyone is interested. 3 yards was ~ max range (~ 12" diameter pattern), 5 yards opened way up. A CM9 in the pocket is a lot easier than a .45 in an OWB, I don't own a revolver which is probably best of all .
    What a novel and interesting use for a pocket pistol! Bet no one at Kahr thought of that when they were designing these.

I've tried them just to see what they'd do against feral paper. I keep some around in case of venomous snakes, which are a remote possibility here in the burbs but hey, I need an excuse to keep .38 shot shells.

Quote Originally Posted by DM123 View Post
    Snakes, back country fishing in FL. I don't own a small revolver & the CM9 fits nicely into my front pocket.

*** Can anyone explain to me why many times I can't post or enter a new thread? Working today but this original post was the last time I could post.
    Thanks.