Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old school Kahr pistols

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Luckily for all of you I was just getting ready to open a Kahr Rest Home. Send your Kahr pistol to us, along with an initial 340.00 processing fee and we will keep your loved one in our facility. They will receive top notch care from our professionals! Should they worsen with age, you will be notified before we place them into our Increased Care Facility (ICF) and airlifted back to Kahr Arms. Additional funds could be needed at that time.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Luckily for all of you I was just getting ready to open a Kahr Rest Home. Send your Kahr pistol to us, along with an initial 340.00 processing fee and we will keep your loved one in our facility. They will receive top notch care from our professionals! Should they worsen with age, you will be notified before we place them into our Increased Care Facility (ICF) and airlifted back to Kahr Arms. Additional funds could be needed at that time.
    Hey Bob,
    I'll keep that in mind. Question : Will they be allowed visitors ?

can you still get parts for the older ones

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice work on those front straps
    Thanks Greg.
    But they are getting long in the tooth,and like yours are showing their age with wrinkles on their grip screws and other places.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mattallamerican View Post
    can you still get parts for the older ones
    I believe all parts are interchangeable except for the rear sights. Old style dovetail sight cuts were from the start of Kahrs to some time before 1998. I say this because my oldest Kahrs were made around 1998 and have the new rear sight dovetail cuts

I believe and Greg can confirm or deny since I know he's been there. There's an old style and a new style trigger bar and spring.

It's shaped a little differently. I don't believe the old style is still available but I think it can be upgraded to the new style.

The new style spring is not compatible with the old style trigger bar. Probably really not an issue unless the it breaks.

Sure wish I could checker metal, I've often thought about trying to do it, just haven't built up my courage enough to try it even on a cut off grip frame.
    Maybe one of these days if there are enough days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I believe and Greg can confirm or deny since I know he's been there. There's an old style and a new style trigger bar and spring.

It's shaped a little differently. I don't believe the old style is still available but I think it can be upgraded to the new style.

The new style spring is not compatible with the old style trigger bar. Probably really not an issue unless the it breaks.
    Shucks,
    Now I feel foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by jg rider View Post
    Thanks Greg.
    But they are getting long in the tooth,and like yours are showing their age with wrinkles on their grip screws and other places.
    Checkered and stippled screws You the man JG

I have been wrestling with the notion of refinishing the K9, but you've shamed me into at least fixing screws now.
    This is the worst of the four; I'll peen it to move the metal back in place. That will limit the filing need to fix the slot.

In the drill, I'll spin it under a diamond hone and some fine sand paper to give it a somewhat uniform appearance. I'm looking for something here that will look appropriate to the rest of the pistol.

I'm just going to hit them with some cold blue:

All four:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Checkered and stippled screws You the man JG

I have been wrestling with the notion of refinishing the K9, but you've shamed me into at least fixing screws now.
    This is the worst of the four; I'll peen it to move the metal back in place. That will limit the filing need to fix the slot.

In the drill, I'll spin it under a diamond hone and some fine sand paper to give it a somewhat uniform appearance. I'm looking for something here that will look appropriate to the rest of the pistol.

I'm just going to hit them with some cold blue:

All four:

Regards,
    Greg

Oh..........!
    You have a lathe just like mine.
    You do good work
    As bawanna would say "Great minds think alike"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Both you guys got major talent. I never thought to use my drill, I mean lathe for fixing screws. I just hit them with a file and sand paper, fix the slot and hit the cold blue. Course mine naturally don't turn out near as nice as yours.
    Next bum screws I encounter (I have a major fetish for the right screw driver bit, bought a 56 bit set from Brownells and within a week had to modify one to fit) I'll break out my drill, er lathe and do like you fellas do.

Those checkered JG screws are sweet. Its the little things like that which separates the pros from the wannabe's.

Sincerely
    bawanna wannabe
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."