Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. German Sig Sauer P230 SL

Default W. German Sig Sauer P230 SL

Hey all. I just wanted to share one of my Christmas presents. I was in a my LGS buying a giftcard for my brother-in-law and as I always do I walked straight to the used gun case. There I found a LNIB and as best as I can tell never fired, W. German Sig Sauer P230 SL. I sent a pic to the the wife and she agreed to let me purchase it, with a "Merry Christmas" text.
    The gun came in it's original case with x2 magazines, the original Hogue grips (only available on the SL models) all the paperwork and even had the little hanging from the trigger guard still. I have wanted a P230 or P232 for a very, very, very long time and am over joyed to have finally added one to my meager collection. It ranks up there with my Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS DAK that I found earlier this year in nearly the same condition.
    The gun dates to 1994 and though reunification took place on Oct 3rd 1990, manufactures were allowed to mark them as W. German made for an additional 5 years.

For those that wanna see the P220. Here it is.

NICE...on both accounts
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Great looking Sigs. Thanks for posting.
    ​O|||||||O

Very nice..................

The Hogue grips are great, make the gun a softer shooting experience. Be on the lookout for a nice set of Nill wood grips. IMHO, they make the pistol a real dazzler.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Nice score.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkhole View Post
    Hey all. I just wanted to share one of my Christmas presents. I was in a my LGS buying a giftcard for my brother-in-law and as I always do I walked straight to the used gun case. There I found a LNIB and as best as I can tell never fired, W. German Sig Sauer P230 SL. I sent a pic to the the wife and she agreed to let me purchase it, with a "Merry Christmas" text.
    The gun came in it's original case with x2 magazines, the original Hogue grips (only available on the SL models) all the paperwork and even had the little hanging from the trigger guard still. I have wanted a P230 or P232 for a very, very, very long time and am over joyed to have finally added one to my meager collection. It ranks up there with my Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS DAK that I found earlier this year in nearly the same condition.
    The gun dates to 1994 and though reunification took place on Oct 3rd 1990, manufactures were allowed to mark them as W. German made for an additional 5 years.
    Beautiful gun - Congratulations!
    Picked up a LNIB 1987 W. German P220 45 myself.
    Don't even think there were Stainless Sig P220s in 1987?
    Mine is factory nickle plated with German Proof marks -

Wondering if yours;
    1)Is stainless steel or nickel plated?(Never mind it's an all stainless gun )
    2) Does it have German Proof Marks?

nice sigs

The P230 SL will ALWAYS be at the top of my "best looking pistols" list. Dynamite Christmas present.