Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ruger LC9s Pro may be discontinued

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,224

    Thumbs down Ruger LC9s Pro may be discontinued

    Hello Everyone,
    Don't know if it's true.
    But on another forum someone noticed the LC9s Pro has disappeared from the RUGER website.

    It's ironic, as I was on their site a few days ago looking for a new LC9s Pro with a Stainless Slide.
    No new SS version, but the blue steel LC9s Pro was alive and well?
    Just checked now and as stated - IT'S GONE

    Damn it's my most carried and favorite pocket pistol
    I just can't take it.
    God forbid I ever have to protect myself with it.
    Likely I'll loose my baby forever

    Unacceptable, Unacceptable I say!
    Just ordered a backup LC9s Pro from Bud's @ $310.97 shipped.

    Thought I'd spread the dirty rumor (if anyone cares).
    That is all...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Sorry to hear that. I had one and the trigger was sweet and light.

    But if it makes you feel any better your influence caused me to sell mine to help fund my p30sk. Now tonight I ordered a P30 because I liked the P30sk so well.

    You may have to return to sigs and h&k. There is the cm9 also which is my pocket carry.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

    Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I had one and the trigger was sweet and light.

    But if it makes you feel any better your influence caused me to sell mine to help fund my p30sk. Now tonight I ordered a P30 because I liked the P30sk so well.

    You may have to return to sigs and h&k. There is the cm9 also which is my pocket carry.
    HK P30sk is too big for me to pocket carry.
    Even my Walther PPS M2 9mm is a little large and heavy.
    For belt carry it's all Hk, Sig and Dan Wesson - LOL!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    BTW have P30 40 as well and love it.
    The P30 uses the same hammer spring and flat sear spring as a FS USP. Same with the P2000.
    I've had a FS USP Match Hammer Spring and Match Nickel Plated Flat Sear Spring put in my P30 and P2000 guns.
    It's icing on the cake...
    Last edited by Barth; 01-04-2018 at 05:16 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jax, Fla
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    I read that the Ruger 9E was discontinued. But they have new models coming out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    478

    Default

    I haven't heard that they are getting rid of the LC9s, however I do know they have a new (cheaper) model designated the EC9. It looks to be nearly the same gun except sights are integral and it only comes with 1 mag. I bought the original LC9 (hammer fired) back when they first came out. It holds the record for the shortest amount of time I kept a pistol. Sold it within a month. The trigger was HORRIBLE. I liked it except for the trigger and I have played with and contemplated purchasing the striker fired version several times since. I have already seen the new EC9 for around $220 and figure in 6 months it will be even cheaper. I might have to pick one up, if for nothing else to stash in the truck, or a bathroom hideaway piece.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    BTW have P30 40 as well and love it.
    The P30 uses the same hammer spring and flat sear spring as a FS USP. Same with the P2000.
    I've had a FS USP Match Hammer Spring and Match Nickel Plated Flat Sear Spring put in my P30 and P2000 guns.
    It's icing on the cake...
    Nice. I'll have to remember that about the springs. I have a moded hammer spring in the P30sk and 1600 rounds in its smooth as butter with no light strikes.

    One other thing I did, and I know its sacrilegious, I rounded the teeth (also known as the rail) a tad on the front like my CZ P-07. They were sharp like a chain saw teeth and would hang up holstering and unholstering. You have to know what your looking for to see it. Some would cry "you ruined the value" but anyone that saw a before and after would ask why it wasn't like that from the factory. Plus it's a keeper anwyay.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

    Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    I haven't heard that they are getting rid of the LC9s, however I do know they have a new (cheaper) model designated the EC9. It looks to be nearly the same gun except sights are integral and it only comes with 1 mag. I bought the original LC9 (hammer fired) back when they first came out. It holds the record for the shortest amount of time I kept a pistol. Sold it within a month. The trigger was HORRIBLE. I liked it except for the trigger and I have played with and contemplated purchasing the striker fired version several times since. I have already seen the new EC9 for around $220 and figure in 6 months it will be even cheaper. I might have to pick one up, if for nothing else to stash in the truck, or a bathroom hideaway piece.
    Hmmm.. EC9 sounds interesting.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

    Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Free Zone
    Posts
    5,224

    Default I like Night Sights

    Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Hmmm.. EC9 sounds interesting.
    I believe in a cost saving move the EC9 doesn't have removable sights like the LC9 guns.
    It seems to be more LCP like.
    With the LCP I'm fine with that.
    To me the LCP is a point blank, last chance, BUG.

    But my LC9S Pro is my primary gun at times.
    Really like to have Night Sights on a primary carry weapon.
    Running TFX Pro tritium fiber optics on my LC9S Pro.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    There are still plenty of them in-stock everywhere....so go grab one


    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Don't know if it's true.
    But on another forum someone noticed the LC9s Pro has disappeared from the RUGER website.

    It's ironic, as I was on their site a few days ago looking for a new LC9s Pro with a Stainless Slide.
    No new SS version, but the blue steel LC9s Pro was alive and well?
    Just checked now and as stated - IT'S GONE

    Damn it's my most carried and favorite pocket pistol
    I just can't take it.
    God forbid I ever have to protect myself with it.
    Likely I'll loose my baby forever

    Unacceptable, Unacceptable I say!
    Just ordered a backup LC9s Pro from Bud's @ $310.97 shipped.

    Thought I'd spread the dirty rumor (if anyone cares).
    That is all...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop