Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (No pun intended, of course. :) ) gun recomendation please.

Default Car (No pun intended, of course. :) ) gun recomendation please.

Hello All,

I hope that you are well.

About two years ago I was looking for a 9mm for concealed carry. After much deliberation I decided on a PM9. It turned out to be a great choice. The fit and function are great. The size and weight are excellent for a 9mm. I am very pleased.

Occasionally, my clothing choice would not be optimum for carrying the PM9 so I looked for a pistol that would be smaller and, more importantly, lighter than the PM9. The P380 fills the bill nicely. Smaller, lighter and has the same functionality as the PM9. Similar to years ago when I had a Colt Lightweight Commander and a Colt Mustang Pocketlite.

So now the new scenario. I keep a handgun in the car at all times, regardless of whether or not I am carrying. At present it is a Beretta 92F that I got in trade. I had a 4" S&W 686 that was the car gun and a friend that was dying to have one like it. He convinced me to sell him the 686, my last objection being that I wouldn't have a car gun so he threw in the 92F. There is nothing wrong with the Beretta. It is a perfectly serviceable (Again, no pun intended. It was a service issue gun.) The grip size is fine. It is just different (form, function and appearance) than the P9 and P380 so I am thinking about replacing it with a Kahr.

I am thinking probably a 9mm but I am not completely locked into that. Since it will be in a pouch rather than carried, size and weight are not issues as long as it was not larger or heavier than the 92F.

I went with the higher feature P9 and P380 but for a car gun, I am not sure I need to do that. On the other hand, it might be convenient on occasion for it to be a suitable open carry gun so a T9 might be an option. Which Kahrs should I consider?

I'd pick the one you want to have stolen.

Gun thefts out of cars are epidemic these days.

I chose the S&W SD9VE for home defense. Same manual of arms, same grip angle, and 16+1. Runs good and low priced.

Just like Johnr said, so I leave nothing of any value in my car. If your car gun gets stolen the local police won't be happy with you. If you want a Kahr car gun in 9 mm get a ct9.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

It has been awhile since I posted on Kahr Talk but I didn't remember seeing trolling before.

A kahr CT9 might work. I have one my daughter took away from me to carry herself and it runs flawlessly. Same grip as the pm9.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveOak View Post
    It has been awhile since I posted on Kahr Talk but I didn't remember seeing trolling before.

I don't see that as trolling at all. It's good common sense. I've longed for a T9 of my own for years, only seen one in my whole life in person.
    I for sure wouldn't ever leave it in my car.

For the open carry you mention, heck yeah T9. For a car gun, a kel tec or a Makarov, actually I like Makarov's well enough I probably wouldn't leave that in the car either.

I think the best solution is your carry gun on your belt sitting in your car.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

We don't have much of a theft problem here. Nevertheless...I fully agree and that's what my Glocks are for. Appliance guns easily replaced if necessary.
    NRA Benefactor

Methinks you need to get a grip!
    NRA Benefactor