Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car (No pun intended, of course. :) ) gun recomendation please.

Sounds like he's describing a HiPoint, not a High Power.

Your probably correct, I forgot about those. I think I saw one once, didn't pick it up, thought it was disgusting just looking at it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I picked up a CZ83 for $200. It is a good car gun as a backup.
    I passed on one of those last year for $225 and regret it.
    Last edited by yqtszhj; 01-09-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your probably correct, I forgot about those. I think I saw one once, didn't pick it up, thought it was disgusting just looking at it.
    Them's the only folk I know of make a .40 in blowback.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's why it's the perfect car gun. You haven't lost anything if you lose it. Actually, they work quite well - they're just heavy and ugly. I wouldn't trade my HP 45 carbine for a gun costing three time as much. It's totally reliable, accurate out to 80 or 100 yards, and a lot of fun to shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't believe I ever seen one of those carbines before. Don't look bad at all and 45 caliber, can't be all bad.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have one of those High Point carbines in .40. Whenever I take it to the range, I tell my buddies that they can laugh one time, then shoot it -- inevitably, after they shoot it, the laughing stops! It is ugly and clunky, but accurate and fun to shoot. It uses the same magazines as the pistol. It is also reliable --the manual says to clean it after 1500 rounds...

The HiPoint carbines are decent appliance guns. Their pistols actually work pretty well from what I understand, but I just can't to my mind qualifiy them as decent arms.
    NRA Benefactor

I work with an old guy who bought a HiPoint because they are "great guns and they build them in my home town"... (Indiana??). He was genuinely upset when I told him that it was still too ugly and clunky of a gun to own. He brags on its reliability every time we talk about guns. He insists its "pretty" with its two-tone finish and wood grips.

Ummmm... okay...

My next car gun is going to be a RM380. Late this spring/summer we will go on vacation twice. One trip we will fly and my truck will sit in the hot Texas sun for five days, later we will drive six or seven hours to the coast and the car will sit in a huge flat parking lot in the sun for seven days near the cruise ship dock. Not a place for an expensive plastic gun. I know that modern polymers should withstand long heat soaks above 140 degrees, but why chance it? The RM380 is inexpensive, and all metal. I am changing out the guns plastic grips for G10's and the only other plastic part (hammer spring retainer) has been replaced with stainless steel (Galloway). I plan to tuck the little gun into as protected (from the sun) place as exits in the vehicle, but if we end up having to rush in the last moment it could be left parked in the (slightly out of sight) ready-use position. My car gun needs to survive accidental neglect in the really hot sun and that says to me, "all metal".

Nothing could ever make it say "HiPoint".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Really can't recommend leaving any gun in a car.
    Whatever you willing to lose after your car is broken into?