Hello All,

I hope that you are well.

About two years ago I was looking for a 9mm for concealed carry. After much deliberation I decided on a PM9. It turned out to be a great choice. The fit and function are great. The size and weight are excellent for a 9mm. I am very pleased.

Occasionally, my clothing choice would not be optimum for carrying the PM9 so I looked for a pistol that would be smaller and, more importantly, lighter than the PM9. The P380 fills the bill nicely. Smaller, lighter and has the same functionality as the PM9. Similar to years ago when I had a Colt Lightweight Commander and a Colt Mustang Pocketlite.

So now the new scenario. I keep a handgun in the car at all times, regardless of whether or not I am carrying. At present it is a Beretta 92F that I got in trade. I had a 4" S&W 686 that was the car gun and a friend that was dying to have one like it. He convinced me to sell him the 686, my last objection being that I wouldn't have a car gun so he threw in the 92F. There is nothing wrong with the Beretta. It is a perfectly serviceable (Again, no pun intended. It was a service issue gun.) The grip size is fine. It is just different (form, function and appearance) than the P9 and P380 so I am thinking about replacing it with a Kahr.

I am thinking probably a 9mm but I am not completely locked into that. Since it will be in a pouch rather than carried, size and weight are not issues as long as it was not larger or heavier than the 92F.

I went with the higher feature P9 and P380 but for a car gun, I am not sure I need to do that. On the other hand, it might be convenient on occasion for it to be a suitable open carry gun so a T9 might be an option. Which Kahrs should I consider?