CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car (No pun intended, of course. :) ) gun recomendation please.

Being semi-retired, my cars are always garaged, and even at my PT job as a RSO/instructor they are behind a secured fence, I bought a couple of LCP's and one of them has an 7 round mag and Viridian green laser that is activated when drawn from a special holster (magnet). So, I attached female velcro to the holster and its male counterpart to the inside door pocket of each car. When I am in either car the gun can be found secured within hands reach at a moments notice. The holsters are designed for pocket carry so if I wish, they will disappear in a pair of jeans or locked in a small lock box under the front seat.
    I do concern myself with theft but neither of my cars are seldom out of eyesight and both have very good alarms so any theft fear is weighed against the comfort knowing a spare firearm is available if needed. In fact the "car gun" is what caused my 70 year old wife and single mom daughter to get their carry permits. It keeps them legal if either of them are in the car alone.
    BTW, I can't speak highly enough about the LCP as a small carry gun. I have both the LCP and the LCP II and even the original when equipped with a Hogue grip, shooting a nice group at 30' offhand is a piece of cake after a few boxes of practice ammo.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Cool Ruger LCP Stainless

An LCP has been in my carry rotation since 2008. Bought another one (the Gen2, not the Gen II) a year ago because it was so cheap. Still haven't shot that one yet.
    Would like to have had one with the stainless slide, but they seem to be scarce.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Been wanting to try this from Galloway precision They have an easy addition of a J point and a high set of front and rear sights.... looks a little silly - but if it works, is it REALLY silly?

Quote Originally Posted by Slugnutty View Post
    Been wanting to try this from Galloway precision They have an easy addition of a J point and a high set of front and rear sights.... looks a little silly - but if it works, is it REALLY silly?

In my opinion that is really silly. The purpose of a mouse gun it to remain a mouse gun. One of my LCP's has a Viridian laser and I consider that to also be silly. I keep it on the gun on the chance a bad guy may see a green dot on his/her/alphabet's chest and make the wise decision to cease with the aggressive behavior.

http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I still keep a CW45 and spare mags stowed in the Jeep. I’ll risk losing it vs. needing it but not having it. That’s in addition to the gun on my belt.
    ​O|||||||O

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SteveOak View Post
    I went with the higher feature P9 and P380 but for a car gun, I am not sure I need to do that. On the other hand, it might be convenient on occasion for it to be a suitable open carry gun so a T9 might be an option. Which Kahrs should I consider?
    I think I follow you: of the guns you mention, more capacity would be good. And low cost too. You know...since it will live in the car...subject to weather, thievery and what not. I agree with DJK11. How about a CT9 instead of the T9?
    ​O|||||||O

I've carried the same car gun for years - a HP 9mm pistol. I paid about $100 new ages ago. It's totally reliable, reasonably accurate, big, heavy, and clunky, and I could not care less if I lost it.

A Browning HP or is there something else called a HP?

Must be, never heard a High Power described as heavy and clunky.

Think about a road trip to Washington, good place to loose High Powers. You have had some serious nice cars though, that's for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Cz83

I picked up a CZ83 for $200. It is a good car gun as a backup.
    Attached Images Attached Images