Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Struggling with accuracy with CM9

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    124 gr. loads may help, but......................I see that once again, it hasn't been mentioned that this is not a target pistol. This is a save your behind pistol. So much emphasis on bulls eyes, that your missing the big picture. I think you're dreaming if you expect to shoot a small firearm as good as a larger, heavier, longer firearm. I guarantee you that everyone would love to shoot like hickcock45, but unfortunately, most of us don't get our ammo for free, and most of us don't shoot a thousand rounds a day. Someone here said it best. " Aim for the waist and the gun will rise up." Forget about 3" groups with a small firearm. Realistically, from 10' yes, from 10 yds. and beyond, forget it unless you shoot thousands of rounds. Finger placement IS very important with these smaller firearms. Stacking isn't impossible, but with the trigger design, difficult at best.
    A good point, and well taken. I don't expect the groups I get with my larger pistols. I just feel that when I'm doing everything right, some shots aren't going where I think they should. The only other sub-compact pistol I own is a tiny little Beretta 950 Jetfire and I can do much better with it. But, to your point, that is a single-action trigger.

I still like and enjoy my CM9, but after seeing groups others shoot with other pistols in its class, I have to wonder if my pistol has an issue. I can certainly live with it, but I just wish it did better.

Tight groups,
    Bob

Some shoot incredibly well with these little guns too. I just think minute of pie plate myself.
    Keep at it and I think it will improve.

Personally I've found that I do better if I don't try to stage the trigger, just a smooth pull all the way through. Seems I fall to pieces when I try to stage it.

Course that's most likely just me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

desmobob,I don't ever shot from sandbags; part of my practice routine is controlled pairs @75ft. freestyle grip, on the IDPA target, because sometimes in a match we will encounter a skill stage at those ranges and more;again it is a skill test stage not a S.D. stage. at 75ft. w/practice, you can hold the zero, -1, zones with your CM9.

my CM9 likes 115gr. federal aluminum case; as it's my EDC also, it gets C.D. 115s.

IDPA BELEIVER

NRA LIFER

Not mentioned above... You might consider strengthening your shooting hand (squeeze a rubber ball, etc). I had to switch from the PM9 because my grip would allow it to spin as if gripping a pvc pipe. My hands were just not strong enough. May not be your issue but though I'd offer it up.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

That is something else to consider. You have to death grip these firearms so they run properly. Do you have to squeeze any other's as tightly???????????????????

I try to squeeze them all tighter with my support hand, more so then with my strong hand. (I also squeeze the ball,both hands.)

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER