Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: What parts to replace due to wear?

Default What parts to replace due to wear?

Hi folks. I have had a CW40 and a CW380 for almost four years now. Each of these guns has fired around 2,500 rounds. What parts should I consider replacing due to wear at this point? Thanks.

If everything is running fine then maybe keep a spare set of recoil springs for the future.

I have fired the bulk of 8000 rounds thru my EDC/Match CM9 in slightly less then 3yrs. zero stoppages; still using original robust recoil spring assm., only replaced the striker and striker block springs for improved trigger pull. one unfired RSA in range bag as a spare if needed. IMHO, practice sessions/matches are the best way to find the issues.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

I can't comment on the CW40, but with the CW380 you mostly need to keep an eye on the springs, striker, and extractor. Also keep an eye on the frame where the guide rod contacts it during recoil as it's known to become deformed and cause issues. You really should replace the striker with one of Lakeline's units, after which breakage issues should no longer be something to worry about. Other than that though, aside from spring changes I see no need to replace stuff just because of the round count.