CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: 44mag problem

Default 44mag problem

hi guys bought a new 44mag desert eagle last year, modal #DE44IMB .
    brand new it was faultless with only one failure to eject caused by limp wristing lol. about 300 rounds later it started to develop a rather annoying habit of ejecting the spent shell then catching on the slide release.A simple push down with the thumb made the slide go into battery. however....... last 2 boxes of ammo (American eagle 240grain jhp ) its been catching on the slide release every time i fire it!!!! ive made sure my thumb isn't riding up and pushing the slide release up and made sure im not pushing up on the mag from below but its doing it all the time now.same ammo since new.
    i haven't touched it in any way except to clean it.

could anyone shed some light on what could cause this issue? thank you in advance

No because I am unfamiliar with them.

I'm not very familiar either but wondering if your using the same magazine all the time. Does it do it with more than one magazine?

I'd also check the spring on the slide lock, I don't recall what it even looks like but it should keep it down until pushed up by the mag.

Maybe it's broke or bent. Just tossing out ideas here with nothing to back it up with.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

cheers guys no ive bought another mag and it does the same thing on either mag,also the spring is still working to heep the slide lock down.im stumped on what the issue is to be honest lol

im thinking maybe put an after market spring in there? or just changing out the spring for another one from kahr?

anyone on here have any ideas? its driving me nuts lol

I am surprised no one has stepped up on this one... I have never had this issue to resolve. The only times it happens to me is when I get against the slide lock lever. I have read of this before however, and I don't recall a resolution.

I will see if I can find some of the old posts I read about this on other sites from years ago and report back. Give me a few days.

MrBlackCat

cheers mate. i took it up to the range again yesterday and lo and behold it didn't do it once!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing is possessed i swear it lol