Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
I guess they are fine if you pay, but when they changed over to a pay for play site it went downhill. I can see the small pics posted, but if you click on them for the larger version it takes you to their site and bam, bam, bam, one popup after another.
Ahh... I see. I am sorry for trouble. I too detest pop-ups. Years ago when I started using PhotoBucket, I used a pay account to avoid exactly that... I didn't want people to have to suffer through advertisements with images I wished to share. Because of the proliferation of digital image sources (cell phones primarily) the free parts of these sights could no longer be carried by the smaller and smaller percentage of people willing to pay. How photobucket went about it is at the least questionable, and borderline illegal, it was required to stay in business as they were almost sunk financially. Poor management let it get that bad though. Shady operation anyway if you research them.

Actually the issue is people want things for free. This is an unpopular argument that has put me at conflict with many, but because of people not will to pay, the "free" business models evolved. Is similar to a bubble type loan. Nothing like this is free. People who use free services are actually the problem in my opinion. I do not. There is more money in exploitation, so the companies which could have existed with a valid pay type business model, have no chance. It takes a great deal of text to explain this to people, and it doesn't really have a place on this forum or thread, so I will refrain.

Not sure how many posts enables upload of images directly to the forum, but when I reach that, I will do a test post full size and see what happens. I can resize them locally and upload them in any size/resolution. They are probably 12 megapixel images, for clarity, which is why I like the clickable thumbnails anyway.

A note relative to image hosting... AT&T has basically stamped out the local web server to individuals. I ran a home web server for 20 years at some expense and now they won't allow it where I live. Having a real local web server is control... they don't like that... "Upload to the cloud man... everyone is doing it..." yeah look at what happened with PhotoBucket and it isn't the first by far, just the largest. There is strong evidence (on conspiracy theory land) that PhotoBucket lost their data-mining contracts (with un-named entities) because of bandwidth issues and that is why the sudden change. They will fail without those contracts. Starting a valid service isn't as easy as most people outside the industry think, as I have considered just going ahead and trying to be "that guy" and attempt to start such a service. If you try to buy the kind of bandwidth it takes to start a service like PhotoBucket, it gets instant attention you don't want. There is a strange buddy system if you shoot very large with such a business, as an individual, regardless of your available resources. End of Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse
But as far as the quality of the barrels, I agree with you, you pay for something new, you should get it. I'm sure Kahr will take care of your problem.
Yes... while I have had other quality issues (presented in other posts here at KahrTalk and other Desert Eagle forums) with Magnum Research barrels of recent manufacture, they were nothing like this.

As I stated earlier, I am going to try to get some video of this failure, because it is "crazy" in my opinion. I plan to video images of my other .357 barrels being swapped and firing, then changing to this Israeli barrel to show it hang up before the bolt can penetrate the locking face when you drop the slide, without a round... so hard that you have to take the barrel loose from the frame to get the bolt un-jammed. I am still in awe at the design change from every other barrel I have, Israeli and US built, and that it doesn't work at all.

I am really unhappy with this situation. Still no word from Magnum Research, but my experience with them has always been slow (or no) response for a few days, or a canned response, then multiple follow-ups to get communication initiated. If they handle this as poorly as they did with the bad (substantially out of spec) .50AE barrel, it will probably cost them a customer/supporter.

MrBlackCat

Edit: Image Test

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok, this seems to work full size, so I will re-post the above images. I see the popup advertisement issue is horrible on PhotoBucket now. In my defense, I don't get that from my daily use computer as the account belongs to me and advertisements are suppressed.

Anyway... sorry for the ad-bomb and here are the images in full size. Let me know if these work for everyone.
Nick that caught my attention upon removal of the barrel from its wrapper...
[IMG][/IMG]
Images from both sides of the barrel that seem to be from slipping in a machining clamp? Not sure of the cause, but sure it is unacceptable. (if the barrel would even begin to function, I could and was going to deal with this finish quality issue) It seems the quality deficiency wasn't just cosmetic however, as the barrel also won't function.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]