Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: PM9 bad years?

Default PM9 bad years?

About ready to buy my first Kahr, a PM9. Have found two in black finish(my choice). One an early 2016, NIB, three mags and standard sights and another 2017, two mags with night sights.

I have read somewhat about a problem year for the Kahr PM9 but can’t find that thread. Any help?

Also if I buy the standard sights i am considering Big Dots, opinions please.

Regards
    Steve👍👍

I don't know of any problematic years for PM9's especially as late as your looking at.

I personally love the Big Dot sights, they work very well for me. I have them on my PM45.

Have the standard dot on a 1911. I'll probably go Big Dot on everything eventually.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna
    Do you prefer big Dot with tritium front and rear or just front? Also any idea what model and where to buy for the PM9?

I have tritium on both ends, never tried it with just front but I bet it would work. With some other sights I like black on the back and tritium on the front so it would probably work.

I don't have a recommendation on where to buy but don't buy from.....????its like a photo shop that advertises selling them. I ordered a set for my CBob, said they were 6-7 weeks out so I waited patiently. I inquired after the 7 week mark and they said sorry they were oversold, please check back and reorder. Not a chance.
    I'll find out the name of the place and share it. I was sooooooo ticked. Still don't have them yet, money went away before I got them.

Oh well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I remember about a recall for barrels back in the mid 2000s

IMPORTANT NOTICE- PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT

Dear Kahr Arms Customer,

Kahr's PM9 is one of our most reliable products for the concealed carry market. Nevertheless, in Kahr's pursuit towards continuous improvement, we are calling for the return of certain PM9 barrels for even greater reliability and safety.

Kahr Arms is asking all Kahr customers to return the barrels only from certain serial numbers of the Kahr PM9 3" barrel polymer frame 9mm pistols in order to repair or replace barrels that were found to not properly feed some brands of hollow point ammunition, which under certain circumstances may be unsafe for the user.

If you possess a Kahr PM9 3" barrel model within the range of the serial numbers noted below, please return the barrel only with a tag indicating the serial number of the gun. Barrels received will be repaired or replaced and shipped back within 7 business days. Please return the barrel and your name and address to:

Kahr Arms
    130 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worchester, MA 01603

Thank you for cooperating with us in our pursuit of continuous improvement. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact David Konn, Director of Dealer Development at (561)656-1288.

Sincerely,
    Frank Harris

VP, Sales and Marketing

Models involved: PM9093A, PM9093NA, 9094A, PM9094NA

Serial number ranges: VA0003--VA9999, VB0004--VB0999

Any help on where to buy XS Big Dot sights for the PM9? Want the tritium front and rear.
    Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the replies. Just ordered my new PM9 black. Should be here in a couple of days.

Regards