CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must haves for PM9?

Default Must haves for PM9?

Just ordered my new PM9. Are there any nice upgrades to add. I’ve read about Lakeline Stainless Steel guide rods and aluminum mag followers. Do the mag springs need upgrading?

Also so thoughts about night sights? Lakeline sells the TruGlo Pro, good option or not, is there a better option?

Will ask later about lazer thoughts and options.

Thanks for answering all my questions. Like many of you I’m always in pursuit of the perfect CCW and I believe the late Spring through early Fall just found a solution. I love pocket carry but want more than a .32 or .380.

Regards and I’m as excited as a two year old waiting for Christmas 👍👍
    steve

Holy crap, Truglo TFX Pro sights for $103?????

Somebody must have hit Al on the head. That's a GREAT price. The Truglo TFX series of sights work very well for me.

No Lakeline guide rod for the PM9 though. Too bad - I'd order one, as the CM9 takes the same RSA as the new PM9.

Lakeline parts are the best money can buy.

The 9mm factory mag springs are fine. They're made by Wolff gunsprings. I have mags for my PM9 that have been kept loaded for 9 years, and they still work great.

I made the following must have mods to my EDC/semi match CM9, listed in order of importance FOR ME ONLY;

1)TFOs, grn.ft,yel. rear; even w/o my glasses I still can see fuzzy grn. between fuzzy yel. w/71 yr. eyes; day or night.
    2) Lakeline followers, cuz aluminum followers don't break.
    3)Lakeline striker spring guide,Galloway reduced power striker spring kit, w/ polished/Flitzed striker spring guide,polished/Flitzed striker, to scratch my match itch.
    4) various grip treatments (sleeves, Talons,etc.) to improve grip-ability as the mood strikes me.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

The Hogue handall Jr is a nice grip sleeve. I put mine on upside down and it works better for me that way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

P.S., I forgot to add that I also had a Laser-Max on the CM9, which was replaced by the TFOs; I can see my sights better so no need for the laser now.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Is there a benefit of the TFX over the TFX Pro? I think I’ve learned that the regular TFX is rounded and does not have the edge on the sight to help with racking if your off hand is disabled. Also is the TFX smaller than the TFX Pro providing longer sight radius?

Regards
    Last edited by P7rancher; 01-15-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Error

The only difference I am aware of is the orange versus white ring. The TFX and TFX PRO have the same setup on the rear sight allowing racking on a corner, belt, etc. Sight radius is also the same.

The Tritium Pro has a shorter sight radius, but does not have the fiber optics for daylight use, just a white dot tritium front sight and a u-notch rear.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by P7rancher View Post
    Just ordered my new PM9. Are there any nice upgrades to add. I’ve read about Lakeline Stainless Steel guide rods and aluminum mag followers. Do the mag springs need upgrading?

Also so thoughts about night sights? Lakeline sells the TruGlo Pro, good option or not, is there a better option?

Will ask later about lazer thoughts and options.

Thanks for answering all my questions. Like many of you I’m always in pursuit of the perfect CCW and I believe the late Spring through early Fall just found a solution. I love pocket carry but want more than a .32 or .380.

Regards and I’m as excited as a two year old waiting for Christmas
    steve
    The PM9 is my best CCW. I sit a lot in my work, so after several holsters, I found the Kangaroo shoulder holster to be the most comfortable.

I'd like to carry my Beretta Px4 compact, but I haven't found a perfect fit. I'm trying one more holster. If it doesn't work, I'll sell it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, you will need massive quantities of ammo. Once you blast some rounds it's difficult to stop!

Other than slightly altering the shape of my PM9's followers and a set of Talon grips, I have left everything else alone. No failures in over a thousand rounds. Probably the only near stock firearm I own.
    "Never pet a burning dog"