CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma with grand daughter

Your P9 already has the elite trigger so don't bother with a change. Better sights might be nice though.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    It's for your granddaughter for crying out loud. Buy her a K9 elite you ole tightwad!!!
    It's more then just a K9 she wants mine.

I suggested she speak with her grand mother but that wasn't much good either
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Your P9 already has the elite trigger so don't bother with a change. Better sights might be nice though.
    Hi ripley,
    The trigger pull on this P9 and my son's two newer PM9s are not the same as our older K9s and PM9s Elites
    Our older Kahr Elite trigger pulls will release about 1/8" sooner and have a shorter reset. However they don't have a trigger stop.

What I mean by that is the Elite triggers let off the striker and still can travel back about 1/8" .
    But the standard, what some are calling the N.Y. trigger travels 1/8" further back before let off and there is no over travel.

1/8" may not sound like a lot, but on a small pistol frame where your trigger finger has to wrap further around the frame it is to us.

When I worked on my P380, I made a small, non-marring taper punch from a bamboo chopstick and used this with an arbor press to remove the trigger axis pin (I just held the punch in place during the operation). The press is only needed to start the pin out, once it's past the retaining pin a brass rod can complete the job.

I was probably overly concerned about the thinness of the polymer in that area and thought easing the pin axis pin over the retaining pin a better idea than whacking it past it.
    As it worked fine, I use the same method again.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Ok now ripley has me confused. Does anyone know what Kahr considers an elite trigger. Are the ones on my son's 2 PM9s and the P9 considered Elite triggers but are different then the ones offered by Kahr back in the late 90s, early 2000s. Our Kahrs came with life time warranties. Isn't Kahr now only giving 5 yr. warranties.

I'm so confused

Only the K models were made with a standard (long) or elite (short) trigger. All other models come with the short pull, elite, trigger as standard. The all metal K trigger may feel a bit different than a polymer model trigger but they are the same, at least on paper. Check the Kahr web site for an elite trigger for a P9. There is none.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Only the K models were made with a standard (long) or elite (short) trigger. All other models come with the short pull, elite, trigger as standard. The all metal K trigger may feel a bit different than a polymer model trigger but they are the same, at least on paper. Check the Kahr web site for an elite trigger for a P9. There is none.
    I quit. I'm so freaking confused about what's happened since the 90s Kahrs.

Deep breaths JG, in with the good, out with the bad, in with the good, out with the bad. OoooooommmmmmHari Krishna.......there feel better.

I got an inquiry in, we'll get to the bottom of this one way or another.

Oh and now I want your Elite too, does that help any?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Deep breaths JG, in with the good, out with the bad, in with the good, out with the bad. OoooooommmmmmHari Krishna.......there feel better.

I got an inquiry in, we'll get to the bottom of this one way or another.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................Hari Krisna

Good morning everyone. I hope so far you are all having wonderful day. Here the sun is out and the birds are singing. After I finsh my first cup of coffee I'll take a romp thru my lawn. Life is good

But first I will tell you all about my enlightenment

Our two 98 K9 Elites were purchase with the optional ELite triggers in 1998 and have a travel of 9/16" from at rest to when they let off the striker. Then there is 1/8" of over travel before they stop.

Our two PM9s purchased around 2004 also have a travel of 9"16" from rest to let off of the striker. Then also 1/8" of over travel

Our newly acquired P9 has a travel of 11/16" from rest to let of of the striker. And no over travel

My son's two newer PM9 also have the 11/16" of travel before let off

So my four Kahrs have 1/8" shorter travel then the newer P9 and PM9s

Did Kahr change the design of the Elite trigger or did they just rename their standard trigger.

I've read that all Kahrs except for the K series have the Elite trigger. Then it's an option

Here's a 2009 response from Kahr to someone's question on another forum....

"Good morning Sir,

All our pistol, with the exception of the K series, have the "Elite Trigger" as a standard feature.

Thank you

Glen Malo
    Kahr Customer Service
    130 Goddard Memorial Dr.
    Worcester, MA 01603

My reply from Kahr when I asked this question earlier this year. "

Please, for the sake of my sanity. Can folks here with older & and newer K9 Elites take some measurements

Now I'm off to frolic in the grass.

TaTa, John

P.S.
    And bawanna, you leave my Kahr alone !

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Darn it. You beat me to it. I got second dibs on it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/