Hello everyone. I bought a AO Thompson 1927A1 used rifle yesterday. If what I have read about the serial number the year the rifle was made in 1975 (1 of 937 made that year) This was also the first year they were made for civilian sales. So with that said and out of the way here are my questions and or issues. I know the rifle was messed with cause it is very clear that the recoil springs (at least one of them) is not original and I will order new ones and replace them. (picture 1).

For the first question can anyone tell me what the parts are called in the lower receiver over the trigger? (picture 2, trigger is at the bottom of picture) You can see the worn out metal. I looked at different parts list but I just can pin point which parts they are and I dont want to order the wrong ones. Next can those parts be changed by me or are these pins pressed in that I wont be able to get them out? Would I need a gun smith to do it?

Next I dont have the hold open level on it at the top were the mag loads (picture 3) Would this be normal for this age rifle or did someone remove it and never put it back? What is the part called and can I replace it with a new one again without a gun smith?

I have worked on my other guns so I am able to do some work but I dont have a press.
Thanks for your help