CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some help and new to Thompson.

Default Need some help and new to Thompson.

Hello everyone. I bought a AO Thompson 1927A1 used rifle yesterday. If what I have read about the serial number the year the rifle was made in 1975 (1 of 937 made that year) This was also the first year they were made for civilian sales. So with that said and out of the way here are my questions and or issues. I know the rifle was messed with cause it is very clear that the recoil springs (at least one of them) is not original and I will order new ones and replace them. (picture 1).

For the first question can anyone tell me what the parts are called in the lower receiver over the trigger? (picture 2, trigger is at the bottom of picture) You can see the worn out metal. I looked at different parts list but I just can pin point which parts they are and I dont want to order the wrong ones. Next can those parts be changed by me or are these pins pressed in that I wont be able to get them out? Would I need a gun smith to do it?

Next I dont have the hold open level on it at the top were the mag loads (picture 3) Would this be normal for this age rifle or did someone remove it and never put it back? What is the part called and can I replace it with a new one again without a gun smith?

I have worked on my other guns so I am able to do some work but I dont have a press.
    Thanks for your help

Sorry it wont let me put up pictures. If anyone can help with that I would be glad to post them. I tried copy and paste but that didnt work. And I dont know how or what the URL is for a picture.

You need 30 post to cut and paste pictures. You can post pictures from a 3rd party like postimage or one of the others.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You need 30 post to cut and paste pictures. You can post pictures from a 3rd party like postimage or one of the others.
    Ok great thanks. I don't have any third party things so I guess I'll have to post a few more times and then put up pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by tynman View Post
    Ok great thanks. I don't have any third party things so I guess I'll have to post a few more times and then put up pictures.
    The website Bawanna suggested is free to use. Here's a post I made in regards to it recently:
    Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblemonkey View Post
    Thanks, need posts to post pics-
    You can post images now, the post count is for use of the attachment feature of this board.

Here's the site I use to host my photos: https://postimg.org

To use that site:

Which will produce this when the reply is submitted:

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblemonkey View Post
    Thanks, need posts to post pics-
    BTW, the MK9 photo is 1000 pixels wide

Hope that helps some.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Regards,
    Greg

BTW, welcome to the forums
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

ok thanks. Here I go Ill give it a shot.

wow it worked great thank you very much...