Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great deal on new PM9's

Quote Originally Posted by P7rancher View Post
    According to Destiny with Ed’s, all unfired guns are gone. She is sending me photos of a couple that she says are in excellent condition. Not sure about manuals and warranty cards. Come with two mags and standard bar sights.
    Did she guesstimate the round counts?

Also, would you mind sharing those photos here?

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I guess that explains why they never responded to my email.
    Wish I could post pics. The two they are holding for me appear unfired.

Wish I could post pics. The two they are holding for me appear unfired.
    I guess if you trusted me with your email in a PM I would be glad to forward to you.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Did she guesstimate the round counts?

Also, would you mind sharing those photos here?
    I’m dealing with Erick now as I never received an email from Destiny. He is off until Monday.

One of the employees told me they were initially told some the guns had never been issued, which turned out not to be true. However even though perhaps issued the two they are holding for me they don’t believe have been fired much if at all. The photos appear consistent with that evaluation.
    Regards

If we can keep talking I’ll get to my 30 posts and I can share photos 😉😉

Here are the two guns being held ie0016 and ie0052. Any idea when they were manufactured?

Anyone know how to post pictures off email?

Any help on date of manufacture?

With all this talk of a good deal, my LGS had a used blunt nose pm9 for 359.00. I was tempted for sure but the crown of the barrel looked a bit funky. Do you guys know if Kahr still supports the old style pm9s? Disclaimer...yes I know I could call Kahr but the thought just crossed my mind so I’m asking. Thanks 😀
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Just a quick check of local gunsmiths shows about $30 for a cut and crown on a barrel.

Kahr sells entire recoil assemblies for the older PM9's. It'll be either a Type 1 or Type 2. You can easily tell the difference by measuring the rear flange that goes against the barrel lug.

Type 1 has a 3/8" flange, Type 2 has a 1/2" flange. Both use a 13 coil spring.

Kahr sent me a 15 coil spring on a Type 1 recoil assembly. Didn't function well until I cut the outer spring down to 13 coils.

Wolff Gunsprings sells the recoil springs in a kit. It includes the inner spring, outer spring, and a striker spring - costs under $9 for the "kit".

If the rest of the gun doesn't show any unusual or excessive wear, I'd grab it - especially if they'll knock off a few bucks for the re-crown.

One of the employees told me they were initially told some the guns had never been issued, which turned out not to be true. However even though perhaps issued the two they are holding for me they don’t believe have been fired much if at all. The photos appear consistent with that evaluation.
    Regards

If we can keep talking I’ll get to my 30 posts and I can share photos 😉😉
    The 30 post thing allows you to upload your photos here for use as an attachment, but you can post photos now by using an off site host.
    Read how to do it on a free hosting site: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?31177-Frame-modification-on-my-PM-40-good-bad-idea&p=393909#post393909

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The 30 post thing allows you to upload your photos here for use as an attachment, but you can post photos now by using an off site host.
    Read how to do it on a free hosting site: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?31177-Frame-modification-on-my-PM-40-good-bad-idea&p=393909#post393909

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks, my photos are in an email and I can move them to shared photos on my iPad but there is no option to post to blogs. Oh well one step closer to posting.

Thanks for for trying to help.
    Steve.