Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Does CW380 also come with a black slide?

Default Does CW380 also come with a black slide?

I thought only the PM9/CM9 did. There is a guy locally selling a cw380 that has a black slide and was wondering if they came from the factory like that.
    Here is a pic of it and it looks black to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kahr made a limited run for a distributor a few months ago in all black. They do something similar for Davidson's in other colors.

They were all black though, including the trigger and slide stop. That looks like just the slide was cerakoted black...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Kahr made a limited run for a distributor a few months ago in all black. They do something similar for Davidson's in other colors.

They were all black though, including the trigger and slide stop. That looks like just the slide was cerakoted black...
    I just picked it up. The previous owner said that the finish is factory. I think I got a great deal on it.
    Three magazines and a sticky holster for $200.00. One of the magazines has mag guts in it and the gun also has a Traction Grip on it.
    He told me that him and his daughter put 300 rounds through it.

Last edited by glock19er; 01-20-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Interesting....

Still looks nice, and that was a really good deal.

Let us know how it runs for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Interesting....

Still looks nice, and that was a really good deal.

Let us know how it runs for you....
    I know, it's odd. I'm hoping to get out this afternoon and shoot some.
    I'll post an update soon.

Don't forget to try the throat test. Disassemble gun and drop bullets into the barrel. If they stick and or don't fall out - then don't shoot them when trying out the gun. I did this on advice of this board and was amazed how many rounds (target) failed the test. ALL of my Hornady protection rounds passed. You would not want the gun to fail .... and then wonder what's wrong with the gun.... when it was really the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by u380b View Post
    Don't forget to try the throat test. Disassemble gun and drop bullets into the barrel. If they stick and or don't fall out - then don't shoot them when trying out the gun. I did this on advice of this board and was amazed how many rounds (target) failed the test. ALL of my Hornady protection rounds passed. You would not want the gun to fail .... and then wonder what's wrong with the gun.... when it was really the ammo.
    Thank you! I'll try that this evening.

First, you got a great deal, assuming it runs well.

Second, I haven’t heard of the “throat test”. I didn’t need to for my P380, and it eats EVERYTHING. However, the CT380 Tungsten I recently purchased has a hard time getting rounds into the chamber, and the slide stopes 1/8” prior to seating the round. Sometimes 1/16”, Which is hard to see each time, but causes light strikes. I only have 170 rounds through it, so far, but about 80% have resulted in a failure to chamber. Federal had an issue 80% of the time, Perfecta had a huge issue 100% of the time (the round only went 1/3 of the way in), and PPU had a 20% failure rate. Hornady Critical Defense had a 0% failure rate, or 100% perfect function rate. I will try the “drop it in the barrel” test, and only use the rounds that drop in, and fall back out, easily. I am very familiar with the Kahr design. I ran 400 rounds of 8 different brands of ammo through my CT9 during its first range trip, and have shot 400 more since then. Not one hiccup. My P380 has only had this issue once...at the 1000 Round mark. New springs fixed the issue. That’s not the issue with this CT380. The recoil spring(s) in the CT380 are a whole lotta mo stiffer than the P380 (Maybe the slide is binding on the frame?). Anywho, I am gonna try the “drop it in” test with this barrel, and figure out which ammo is the “skinniest”, and break the gun in with 200 rounds that pass the “drop and flop” test, since I don’t want to break the thing in with Hornady Critical Defense.

Thank you for mentioning the throat test, u380b!

I had the same problem with my Tungsten CT380. I sanded the rails and inside the slide with 800 grit sand paper and I've had no problems since.