CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Can I interchange the frame and slide with other PM9 pistols?

Default Can I interchange the frame and slide with other PM9 pistols?

So I will soon be the proud owner of three PM9s, one black and two stainless.

May want to send a frame off for stippling. Can I interchange the frames? Two guns are 2013 and one gun is 2015/2016.

Reading up on all the prep work. Thanks to all for addressing my questions 👍👍
    Regards
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by P7rancher View Post
    So I will soon be the proud owner of three PM9s, one black and two stainless.

May want to send a frame off for stippling. Can I interchange the frames? Two guns are 2013 and one gun is 2015/2016.

Reading up on all the prep work. Thanks to all for addressing my questions 👍👍
    Regards
    steve
    As long as the lower barrel lugs are the same, I think there is a very good chance you will not have any problems swapping uppers among the different frames.
    There have been at least two different style lugs in the 9 and 40 poly guns:

I had a CM9 with the barrel lug like that of the CW9 in the photo above and found a complete PM40 upper that had the same lug; that 40 upper worked just fine on the CM9 frame.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Is that frame stippled Greg or tape? Almost looks like tape but could be the camera angle. Looks good.

I have no regrets stippling my PM45, not as aggressive but a good positive grip to hang onto.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Is that frame stippled Greg or tape? Almost looks like tape but could be the camera angle. Looks good.

I have no regrets stippling my PM45, not as aggressive but a good positive grip to hang onto.
    It's stippled, that was my first attempt at doing it
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Looks like you nailed it perfect first time out pilgrim. Looks great.

I think the hardest part is building up the nerve to go at it with a wood burner, but you've demonstrated countless times no lack of nerve for going places most would never go.

Well done.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think the hardest part is building up the nerve to go at it with a wood burner, but you've demonstrated countless times no lack of nerve for going places most would never go.
    Exactly my feelings on both points.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thank you for the replies. I like the look of the Robar stippling. Here is some of there work:

http://ontargetmagazine.com/2015/09/robarized-kahr-pm9/

That isn't stippling. It's a coating they spray on. We've done it to all of our duty Glocks. It's a great improvement and you can select aggressive or less aggressive.

When I had my own Glock (yeah I owned a few, none now). I didn't want to spend the money. I went out and got a quart of truck bed liner.
    I wish I could say the exact brand but I can't find the can of late. Anyhow one I tried was a failure, too slick and shiny and no improvement. The second was a hit, it was kind of a rubberized texture similar to the Robar. An officer here bought it from me and he actually prefers my bedliner over the Robar.

Not to down play Robar, they do might good stuff and we've used them for many things including our sniper rifles.

Just tossing out information, not worth the cyber space it uses up.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

That isn't stippling. It's a coating they spray on. We've done it to all of our duty Glocks. It's a great improvement and you can select aggressive or less aggressive.

When I had my own Glock (yeah I owned a few, none now). I didn't want to spend the money. I went out and got a quart of truck bed liner.
    I wish I could say the exact brand but I can't find the can of late. Anyhow one I tried was a failure, too slick and shiny and no improvement. The second was a hit, it was kind of a rubberized texture similar to the Robar. An officer here bought it from me and he actually prefers my bedliner over the Robar.

Not to down play Robar, they do might good stuff and we've used them for many things including our sniper rifles.

Just tossing out information, not worth the cyber space it uses up.
    The attached article lists a price for stippling. I have assumed that the photo was of the stippling.
    Regards
    Steve

Correction, I see now it says grip texturing. I’ll call Robar and find out more.