Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: New member from Virginia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New member from Virginia

Love to shoot. Have owned quite a few guns over the years primarily for competition but age and arthritis have slowed me down.

Currently carry concealed a 26 ounce S&W 908 TDA 9mm 8+1. A completely reliable pistol. It seems to get heavier and heavier as the day goes by; therefore, I'm in the market for a much lighter daily carry gun. I have always liked Kahrs because they have excellent reputations for reliability and feel great in the hand. I like the triggers as well.

Looking at a P9 or an S9.

Questions:
    (1) Are the internals and frame rail systems the same for both guns or is the S9 an improvement?

(2) The article in the recent NRA magazine mentions that the S9 is "broken-in" at the factory and doesn't require the first 200 rounds. Moreover, the gun has standard rifling and gave darn good groups off of sandbags. Does this indicate an advanced frame to slide relationship over the P9? If so, then why buy a P9 with the polygonal barrel?

(3) I have read that the proper way to load a mag is to do it with the slide at slide lock rather than slingshot it. Seems like a design flaw.

(4) Do any of the holster makers support the S9 because of the rail or should I get the P9 with polygonal rifling and forget the S9?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony S45; 01-25-2018 at 03:08 AM.