CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you like this look in grips?

To bad someone has not found a way to put aftermarket grips on poly handguns. I would think a flush nut insert inside of the grip, with a flush outside screw would somehow be possible.

Just not much material there. I've thought of attaching like a 1911, but it's so thin there wouldn't be enough to thread. One or two threads and some good epoxy would still be questionable.

Whoever solves this will have to hire someone to count their money. I've toyed the concept in my head for years. Mostly on Blocks but all poly guns apply.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Just not much material there. I've thought of attaching like a 1911, but it's so thin there wouldn't be enough to thread. One or two threads and some good epoxy would still be questionable. Whoever solves this will have to hire someone to count their money. I've toyed the concept in my head for years. Mostly on Blocks but all poly guns apply.
    Well said

Seriously on the rounded pattern, possibly with just the router marks on the grips, what would that take?

I have G10 Hogue grips on a classic N frame that are great, just the CNC texture. Also have a P226 Legion with the factory grips that are very nice. My personal K40 Elite 98 wood grips just broke and I'd seriously consider the G10 for it. Not sure how I would like the flat sides, of those I've held I prefer the rounded on the regular K series. On the MK, probably better off with the flat for a thinner profile.