......the SIG Sauer P365. It does seem, from the coverage I've viewed, that this show wasn't full of revolutionary products----just evolutionary ones.

SIG has managed to put 10+1 rounds into a package which is just about the same overall size as a Kahr PM9----and is 1 inch thick, compared to the .9 inches of the Kahr. What did Kahr offer? Well, under the Kahr brand, they showed the John Tiegen S9, a laser engraved and Cerakoted K9(why Cerakote a K9???), and some new colors. Under the Magnum Research brand, there were new lightweight Desert Eagles, new Cerakote finishes for Deagles, and laser engraving for their DE 1911s. There were new versions of their .22 rifle also. Auto Ordnance had a GI spec 9mm 1911(WHY?) and more laser engraving of pinup girls on a 1911. And then there's the "tactical Tommy Gun", a Thompson with AR furniture.

Instead of throwing R&D money at all this stuff, they should have been A) making the Gen 2 triggers drop safe so they could come to market and B) developing the double stack pistol.

SIG is going to sell every P365 they can possibly make. There's going to be a waiting period for that pistol. Every time I bring up this subject, there's always one person who says "Kahr is doing just fine. There are lots of double stack 9mms. It's a snake pit. Blah blah blah...". But there aren't any high quality ultracompact 9mms---except for the P365. Sure, there's the Kel Tec P11, and the SCCY, but they are both unreliable and made from melted down Matchbox cars and Mountain Dew bottles. I don't understand why a company which was, realistically, first to market with an ultracompact 9mm, and was definitely first with a polymer version,would ignore this market.

SIG is going to own this market segment for a while. Kahr could have owned it 10 years ago.